Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.hoosiertire.com/fmvsshlp.HTM

Under a new congressional act following the Firestone tire safety issue, tire makers who produce small quantities of "DOT legal" competition tires for enthusiast use may not be able to continue to, or may have to drastically increase the price of these tires in order to continue to offer them to the public.

Hoosier tire company is currently seeking to have motorsport enthusiasts submit comments for consideration through the Department of Transportation's Docket Management System. Complete instructions on how to submit comments to the TREAD Act docket as well as a sample comment are outlined at the web URL above.

- Bill

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
Just posted my comments re the proposed revisions, using the Hoosier link and their step-by-step instructions. Easy, quick, and semi-fun. I wrote my own comments rather than use Hoosier's "canned" comments. Please take a minute to add your comments for consideration by the legislators...or we may be riding around on those brick-hard TA's the rest of our lives

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could you guys image no DOT racing tires? Not me. Please take the time to submit your comments.

Thanks,

- Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts