Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
3,760 Posts
Gomarlins, it's your car, you can do with it what you want.

Back in college, I bought a used car from a guy who was insane about his vehicle. He should never have been selling it. He actually had a WRITTEN LIST of things I had to agree to in order to buy it...promise to change the oil within 3000 miles, wash it within 3 days of salt contact...blah blah blah.

Here's what I told him: Once I buy that car, it's mine, I'll do with it as I please. If I want to crush it into a cube and use it as a coffee table I will, CAUSE IT'S MINE. If you want to be in control of this car's destiny, don't sell it.

And guess what. He took my money and walked away.

The car is YOURS.

AJ

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
Man, you got ripped. And they deleted the bad stuff. :(

·
Land Shark!
4,668 Posts
They tend to be a little 'rabid' over there regarding canibalizing the 4-eyed cars. They get a lot of people posting solely for the purpose of parting out cars. Go with the flow, and someone will probably find a home for you stuff over there

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,717 Posts
Some people get a little annoyed don't they. My feeling is, hey it's an 18 year old car and there's no telling how much life is left. If transplanting it's engine and wiring will help a new beast breathe then so be it.

I didn't notice anyone beating down your door to get it for parts either.

ben

·
Registered
16 Posts
You paid for the car, it's your car. You are making an effort to offer enthusiasts of that particular vintage Mustang some quality parts. If they think it's such a great car then I guess one of them should have bought it before you did.

I personally think you were way to nice to those guys. I could never have held my tounge like that. There is no need to rip apart someone like they did to you. If it was me I would cut the car up and post pics just to inflame them a little more. Or at the very least tell them that the parts are no longer for sale to members of that particualr message board.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,848 Posts
Its kinda funny that these folks are willing to spend huge amounts of money to bring a car back to near perfect condition. If they would look around you can buy one for around 10k that is in a near "10" condition. Heck, for 4k you can get a real good one. They would probably hunt me down if they found out I parted an 89 GT convert that just needed paint and a top :D

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
Go,
If they're going to be mad at anyone it should be the Mustang guy who sold it to you. Evidently the four-eye guys (New Reality TV Show: "Four Eyes for the FFR Guy") think it was worth a lot more than what you must have paid. Had that been the case, you probably would have passed on it and kept looking.
You really did a great job of restraining yourself. I'm afraid I would have unloaded on them. Probably not a good thing in the overall scope.
Anyway, I hope someone is able to take the whole thing off your hands and put it back on the road.
d.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
I think you should have somebody video tape you taking a sledgehammer to what's left of the carcass, than post it over there. :cool: Geez, you would think it was a collector car or something. It's just an 86 mustang. You did the right thing by knocking it in the head and making it an FFR. :D

Just because there are some fanatical "four eyed" mustang lovers out there doesn't mean it was worth saving.

·
Registered
989 Posts
LOL, that's too funny...let me explain why. Foxchassis, even though he was mild compared to the others, is a complete moron. His social skills need a complete overhaul.

A couple years ago when I owned my 1990 Triple Black GT convertible, I used to frequent a site called www.mustanggt.org
He was one of the moderaters over there. As a mod, I found him rude, crass, etc. Kind of like a Hitler. He degraded newcomers to no end. He was very annoying but, no one would speak up because he was in good with David and Kathy (site owners).

Feel free to go check out some of his posts over there. He goes by the same name. I'm sure after reading for a bit, you'll see his personality come out.

The whole "donor" thing came up on that board too...people wents NUTS!!! LOL

I agree with the fact that it is YOUR car. You can do with it what you please.

They need to quit whining anyways...what makes a car rare?, the fact that not many exist...their "rarity value" Just went up...

I went back and did a search on their board...this is the discussion I remember. LOL now that I think about it, this is what fueled my Cobra desire

http://www.mustanggt.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000543

[ February 25, 2004, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Devin J ]

·
Junior Charter Member
1,336 Posts
It's your car....

If you want to use it as target pratice it's your rigth ;) or chop it up or what ever you want to do with it....

I think it has more chance of surviving as a Cobra... much more desirable

Nick

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
Wow,
I read their thread. That's a real Four-Eye-Opener. Don't know about the collectability of the Mustangs they love. Now, if I could get my 1969 Boss 302 back (it was stolen and stripped in 1971) that would be a different matter.
I did get a kick out of the blatant ignorance about kit cars. Their data seems to rooted in VW-powered FiberFabs. Oh well. Please don't confuse me with facts. :D
That last thread was so old (2001) I wonder how many of them have FFR's in their garage now?
d.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
3,760 Posts
Originally posted by Naga:

(New Reality TV Show: "Four Eyes for the FFR Guy")
Hilarious! You're probably going to be banned forever from the Mustang forums, y'know.

BTW, I have to ask...when someone you don't want to talk to rings your doorbell, does your wife say, "Naga, hide!". Once again I crack myself up completely.

Yikes. Back to work now.

AJ

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,464 Posts
Boy, and people call me a fanatic.....Let's face it, as already stated above, it's your car, you spent your money on it, you can do with it as you like. Sure not everyone in the world will agree with you choices, but it's not their money that was spent on buying it in the first place.....

Bill S.

·
3,798 Posts
I read the post and how they treated you, what a bunch of loosers. I have seen your car in person (in your driveway) and I think that you were doing the best thing by offering the useable parts to someone that could use them fixing up another car (sheetmetal, glass, etc.). They would go nuts if they new what cars I have been looking at for possible doners. It's your car, you used it in the way you wanted and you can do what you want with what's left, and I agree, the parts you used look much better in the FFR than they ever did in the other car.

·
Junior Charter Member
287 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel I did the world a service by retiring my donor from the streets:

·
Senior Charter Member
993 Posts
Im with Wade, I say we take a collection cut the roof off it, fill it with dirt plant flowers then drop it in this guys front yard :eek:
Screw them ;)

Greg

Or better yet take the sledge and charge $1 per swing at dvsf and give the money to Jenny. Then plant the flowers and send it to them :D

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
Cute AJ real cute.
Actually Naga is my Cobra's name. On the vanity tag as well. Naga is the name of the Cobra that battles Riki Tiki Tavi in the written version of Rudyard Kiplings, "Jungle Book." They changed his name in the animated version for some reason.

Falcon: Please don't tell us how the driver's seat got soiled. It wasn't because of that Killer Rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail was it?
:D

d.

·
Sarcasm King
1,528 Posts
Go back to the other forum and tell those a55holes it was also a limited edition model too. :D

·
Junior Charter Member
287 Posts
LOL, I have no idea what happened to the front seat. You may notice in the first pic that the door handle is missing...on both sides! To solve that little dilemma, the lady who owned it simply left the windows down all the time. Of course it was always parked outside...under pine trees...and did I mention the lady's cat that made the car it's home? The smell of the interior was so bad, I had the whole interior stripped in record time. I had to do it fast since i was holding my breath the whole time. This was not one of the more pleasant experiences of my build:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts