Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
FFCobra Addict
Joined
·
925 Posts
Does it come with the 4x8 sheet of plywood that half the car is sitting on?
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
3,760 Posts
Geez, the entire front Enzo of that Ferrari is gone.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:

AJ
 

·
Senior Charter Member
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Let's see.... A $650,000 car. Looks like major bucks to repair. And if the carbon fiber tub is trashed, well....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Jim Doak:
Let's see.... A $650,000 car. Looks like major bucks to repair. And if the carbon fiber tub is trashed, well....
More like 2 million bucks !
the insurance company paid the owner 1.3 million for this wreck.

I think this is a good buy, 250K plus another 250K to fix and you own a 2 million dollar Car !

:D
 

·
FFCobra Addict
Joined
·
925 Posts
OK, so why keep the "spare parts?" As if they can be liquid nailed back into place. Maybe some see thru duct tape....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,942 Posts
front Enzo

LMAO!

Whata deal, 250K isa deal I canna nota refuse ya know?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Crash Dummy:
OK, so why keep the "spare parts?" As if they can be liquid nailed back into place. Maybe some see thru duct tape....
what spare parts?
what you see on top of the plywood is a set of Ferrari luggage that comes with the car.
 

·
FFCobra Addict
Joined
·
925 Posts
Oh, well in that case it sounds like a bargain! I'd better call my lenders. The luggage will look great on top of my suv since the Enzo had a face lift.
 

·
Senior Charter Member
Joined
·
3,588 Posts
The reason the insurance company paid $1.3 million is THE CAR IS TOTALLED!

The ad is a bit decieving - yes you can fix the front end, but you can't fix the carbon fiber chassis!


Pete
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by PSB:
The reason the insurance company paid $1.3 million is THE CAR IS TOTALLED!

The ad is a bit decieving - yes you can fix the front end, but you can't fix the carbon fiber chassis!


Pete
true that.

I just placed a bid for.....

damn! that thing is up 290K !

:eek:
 

·
FFCobra Addict
Joined
·
925 Posts
C'mon now Pete! You're a senior charter member here! Certainly you can fix that with a little bondo and know how! Just think of it -- you'll be the envy of your neighborhood as you cash in your 401k, cobra, house and life savings for a car that'll never see 50mph again. Wait until they check out your fancy dancy luggage.
 

·
Junior Charter Member
Joined
·
1,315 Posts
I tink I'ma gunna cry......
 

·
Senior Charter Member
Joined
·
665 Posts
It says "You are bidding on the right for me to broker this vehicle to you", does that mean if you win the auction you then have to pay more to buy the car?
 

·
FFCobra Captain
Joined
·
3,440 Posts
"The high bidder will have to wire transfer me 20% of their offer no later than February 19, 2004. I will know if your offer was accepted, no later then February 21, 2004. If your offer is not accepted I will wire transfer your 20% deposit in full no later then February 22, 2004. If your offer is accepted and you can not wire transfer the remaining 80% of your offer by February 23, 2004, you will forfeit your 20% deposit."

Can you say fraud ? There is no way the insurers paid out $1.2m on this car (when's the last time your insurers paid more than the new cost of a written off car ?) and the vendor wants $50k deposits from potential purchasers.

A further problem: What happens if Ferrari Service of Costa Mesa, who claim to be selling the same vehicle, offload it first :confused:
 

·
Senior Charter Member
Joined
·
699 Posts
I live like 5 minutes from the seller, maybe I should go see if he has it in his backyard


He's just a broker, he doesn't own the car...
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top