Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good detailed shot of the original Shelby Cobra 289 engine? Just curious!

Thanks, JQ

·
Senior Charter Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Dang but that British Racing Green looks sweet!

The Webbers are hot looking too. When I had the upper off my 5.0 I was thinking it would make a perfect base for a twin (inline) Webber setup. I think it would look a lot likt those Autolite inline 4 barrel carbs.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Those engines with Webers look impressive, but over-carbureted.

·
We don't need no stinkin stitches
1,450 Posts
Mike C, Don't you mean over injected?
And isn't that impossible?
Those side drafts are over the top.
Puurfect :D
Is that setup available commercially?
If not it should be. Beautiful/purposeful look.
I need that!
Wife will agree. Injection is good.
She would let me buy that tomorrow.
I better check though ;)
Me: Honey, what do you think about side draft injection?
Honey: Uhm OK.
Me: Thanks Honey. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Honey: I gotta start following that damn forum.
:D

·
Senior Charter Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Injected like fuel injection NO! A carb is still a carb even though they look funny. You can buy 48IDA's and manifold tomorrow. Better take some extra dough to tune those bad boyz. Injected you funny boy...

·
7,134 Posts
Easy to tune......... :D

Our local original CSX owner took his to the Ferrari expert a few years back and he tuned them fr him and apparently they have been fine ever since.

He gives both his cars good runs, and they sound sweet.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Webers are Sweet, that's for sure. My brother used to use them in VW race cars a few years ago and always used 48IDA's.

Basically, I am going to setup my car to resemble the K-code 289, complete with Harrison Tank. Only thing is switching out my EFI to the new setup by Quality Roadsters so I can use a vintage air cleaner setup.

My car is a mix of the 289 dash, 289 front/rear with 427 body, kinda a hybrid, which Shelby did make one of in early 65 as a test mule.

JQ

[ January 09, 2004, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: JohnnyQuest ]

·
Charter Member
1,765 Posts
Side draft manifolds were made by MOON for Chevy but not for Ford. I think you can still get them from Kinzler. I haven't found a side draft manifold for Ford. Scott

·
Junior Charter Member
56 Posts
Originally posted by Scott:
Side draft manifolds were made by MOON for Chevy but not for Ford. I think you can still get them from Kinzler. I haven't found a side draft manifold for Ford. Scott
Call Jam Engineering.
Those pictured above aren't on a sidedraft manifold. They're on a dual quad manifold with 2 adapters bolted onto the manifold's carb flanges. The adapters accept sidedraft Webers.

They also make many more type of adapters for weber carbs. See this page for more:

Jam Engineering Weber Adapters

HTH

[ January 10, 2004, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Xram ]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.