Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stand up and be counted, Oregonians. This is just the first step down a path we can't let our lawmakers (in any state) follow.

Email your state representatives or the governor and tell them this is NOT a good idea!

http://autoblognews.com/oregon-introduces-bill-to-ban-aftermarket-car-parts/

My brother who lives in Wash races and does so about half the time at Portland Raceway so even tho it's not me racing, I still feel this affects me, since I go watch him race when I can.

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
from the link-
Sorry, the page your requested could not be found, or no longer exists

·
Premium Member
10,097 Posts
I can't see anything that far out making it very far.

·
Junior Charter Member
5,413 Posts
The proponents of this bill will be very vocal. The Opponents better be moreso.

You should get SEMASAN involved if they aren't allready.

Chris

·
Junior Charter Member
835 Posts
This is the same nut that wants to tax us on the miles we drive via gps and not per the gallons of gas we consume.
Unfortunately this same "nut" is an elected "official" who was put in office by a majority. And like so many of these anointed - they seek to save the earth through short-sided concepts. How many hundreds of thousands would be put out of work if such a plan were put into place? How many billions would be lost to the economy? It's amazing that this got past the "I've got an idea" phase!

Sorry if this sounds political...it's not meant to be...it's just, well...crazy. It's that old saying...when a politician makes a joke - it's law.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Sema is already involved. I'm sure that's where the article came from. Many of us have already written letters and emails. Been going on for a couple of weeks. The more the merrier though! Kulongoski's big push is to turn Oregon into the "greenest" state in the union. He is trying to spend millions on production and development of new green technologies and green jobs. This is just one of his many ill conceived programs. I'm all for saving the planet but the programs need to be sensible too!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
This is the same nut that wants to tax us on the miles we drive via gps and not per the gallons of gas we consume.

http://www.traffictechnologytoday.com/news.php?NewsID=9939

This idea is gaining momentum across the nation. The feds and the States' revenues from fuel taxes are down due to low demand (wait...oil companies are blaming increased demand for the rising prices while oil is trading at $40/barrel...oh, different thread). It started when gas hit $4/gallon and continues. The other component is Sales and Use tax from vehicle sales...and we all know new car sales are in the crapper. There is a desparate need for additional funds to take care of the nation's aging infrastructure and our governments are targeting "users" for additional funding sources.

Sorry if this is a hijack.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
Liberal tree hugging nut job. At this rate, we might just have a little revolution and get back to the basics this country was founded on.

Sorry for the rant, had to get that off my chest.

·
Certified Mad Scientist
2,137 Posts
Oregon. Hmmm, isn't that the state that has a law against pumping your own gas? Something doesn't pass the smell test here. Thank God for Texas!!! (I love it here)

Eric

·
Junior Charter Member
160 Posts
Eric, you are correct. It provides employment for people with learning disabilities. I've had a few of them smoke a cigarette while pumping my gas. Believe me, this is not uncommon.

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Oregon prohibits people from pumping their own gas, but requires diesel truck drivers to pump their own diesel fuel.

·
Certified Mad Scientist
2,137 Posts
Eric, you are correct. It provides employment for people with learning disabilities. I've had a few of them smoke a cigarette while pumping my gas. Believe me, this is not uncommon.
Oregon prohibits people from pumping their own gas, but requires diesel truck drivers to pump their own diesel fuel.
Yep, That just doesn't pass the smell test for me. Not that I was thinking of moving there anyway... :D

Eric

·
Junior Charter Member
53 Posts
Whatta nut-job!!

Hello - this is your gov. speaking. I'm here to address the energy consumption & vehicle emissions issue with you today. My advisors tell me that hydrogen would be the cleanest form of energy, plus it is the most abundant element on the planet. Can't we just hit the water with a hammer to seperate the hydrogen & oxygen molecules? That way we would have all the free hydrogen we need.

If you old-timers will remember the Woody Allen movie "Everything you ever wanted to know about sex", there was a great line in one of the skits from a sexual researcher that established a direct link between excessive masterbation and a career in politics.

Perhaps he wasn't that far off...

823 Posts
Liberal tree hugging nut job. At this rate, we might just have a little revolution and get back to the basics this country was founded on.

Sorry for the rant, had to get that off my chest.
:) ...

"It is evident from the state of the country, from the habits of the people, from the experience we have had on the point itself, that it is impracticable to raise any very considerable sums by direct taxation." --Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 12

1 - 20 of 20 Posts