Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i am going to order kit tomorrow. I was going to do it in 2 parts. Do you pay for the options separate? Example: IRS w/ kit 1, body cutouts w/ kit 2? I know it costs 1k more but it is the only way i can afford it now. also, i assume you can pay as much as you want when you order, as long as it is more than $1k.? any suggestions/ warnings before i devote myself?
Thanks
Bret

·
FFCobra Fanatic
522 Posts
Bret, Like you I was going to order stage 1, then stage 2 at a later date. Are you going to pick the kit up yourself? If not you are going to pay for shipping two times, Depending where you live it could cost another ~$1400, now your looking at $2400 extra. I live on the west coast, I bit the bullet and ordered the hole thing. My vote is to order the hole kit. Good luck, Ron

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Bret,
Why don't you keep on saving your money and when you have all of it then order it!
They are constantly improving the kits and you'll get one of the better ones that way, in the meantime you should prepare all the Donor Parts, (or new parts if you are not using a donor) and devote your time on getting tools and your garage ready for the build.

Just my opinion.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,884 Posts
Brett- I did the two stage and have no regrets,BUT I got it before the price increase and was able to pick up myself AND got the new mods. As far as options, if it bolts to the frame they will want the options paid with the stage 1. Think about it, I would save up the full amount. BUT, if your stubborn like me and you can pick up the kit you'll be placing your order, good luck. You could always spend time doing the donor teardown/cleaning while you save.

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
GET THE WHOLE THING. FFR charges extra and the shipping will be hard. Save the money on the 2 stage and the IRS will be free. Cheers Richard.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
I would get the whole car.... You got a loan just to save $1000, if you dont play your cards right youll be paying alot more than the grand you saved for shipping etc.... Think about what your doing dont impulse buy..... You will eventually get your car... I would agree with SERG!

Rgds

Rob

·
FFCobra Fanatic
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. I have already finished stripping the donor. I may wait a while, I was just going to take advantage of the $1000 discount they are offering right now. I got the thunder bird rear end today. So I have obtained everything i want besides the kit. I guess i will spend my time cleaning and prepping parts. Waiting sucks!! I will try my hardest to be patient.
Thanks, Bret

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Best to wait. You will be spending more breaking up the kit and in interest than you will save with the 1000 dollar discount.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Bret, hold off and get the whole kit at once. I would say you stop by my house and see my car, but I am up here in Wash DC for three months and had to take the car with me. :D Left the wife at home though ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts