Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Centerline 17x8 and 17x9-1/2 wheels today from SK Performance Race Designs .

Sean at SK worked a great deal for me - $1020 + S/H for 4 rims. Will be shipped in 14 days.

Now that I have rims, what are some good tires (17") to wrap around these puppies?

2FAST

[ September 23, 2002, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: 2FAST4U ]

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'll be using mine primarily on the street, I plan on going to the BFG G-Force KD. Currently running them on my Vette and they are GREAT!!

FWIW

Neill

·
Banned
333 Posts
2FAST,

Those are my favorite rims, kind of a "retro" halibrand. I would have gone with those if I had went to 5-lug (ended up with Cobra R's). They should look great on your roadster. Be sure to post pictures when you get them mounted up.

Several choices on tires. I went with Kumho 712 Ecsta Supra's. Fairly inexpensive but good durability rating.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
2Fast,
Beautiful rim choice. I like it. You went all out for the rims, I'd recommend some real nice tires to go with it. I'm not a tire guru, but I have Firestone Firehawk SZ 50 EPs on my car. 245/45/17 up front, 275/40/17 rear. I think they're about $200 a piece. But they have "AA" grip rating, and a great treadwear rating. I don't know how Firestone does it. But they stick really well for a street tire (I autox with them because I can't afford race rims/tires right now) and are wearing just incredibly well. The tread design looks great, as does the sidewall. I've honestly gotten several compliments about the tires themselves from onlookers.

Steve

·
4,494 Posts
Keith: Are these for the tires you intend on using for your autocross activities? If so, that info might get you some specific responses from the racers.

Regards,
Bill

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like these Yokohama A032R's

Keith

[ September 23, 2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: 2FAST4U ]

·
Registered
860 Posts
;)

BFG

I'm also running a set of Firestone Run-flats on my stock rims for the Vette...I agree, it is a VERY good all around tire.

FS

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Nitto Extreme NT-555RII. You would have to call on available size from Discount Tire Direct. (use the available contact from the vendor page) Hopefully they now carry the 245, 275, and 315 widths.

·
Registered
101 Posts
2Fast4U-
Are those wheels cast or forged?
I have the Kumho Ecsta Supra on my 911 and haven't regretted it for a minute.

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mike-

Two piece design
Rotary Forged center
Fully polished finish
Engraved center cap included

2FAST4U

·
Vendor
8,399 Posts
I'd run the new Kumho Ecsta V700 on the kind of HP you are running, great grip and decent wear.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
906 Posts
Anybody running Goodyear? If so which ones?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I went with the Nitto Extreme 555's as well. Great looking tire and STICKY, I shreaded more than 1 pair on my 3000 VR4 :D

Brian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts