Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, ordered my kit 2 weeks ago, got in on the $2500 extra stuff deal.

10 years of mowing lawns and selling those overpriced greeting cards, I finaly got enough points to get my FF kit.

Got an excellent donor 90 gt with a bottle and a Vortec S1, 57k on the clock.

Gonna pick my kit up in a few weeks, I can hardly get to sleep at night.....

Anyone know how these FF kits respond to a Vortech supercharger?

My goal when I am rowing through the gears is to make my face look like its getting 7 g's like those old 50 and 60's films of the test astonauts going around in circles... AM I gonna need a pressure suit?

Anyway, really happy here, not even worried about graduation, I may just stack the parts boxes up into a makeshift bed and spend the night just gazing at my prize....For a week...

I have been reading the posts here for over a year, and I have one of the orginial FFR brosures and vcr tapes from the mid 90's, Needless to say I have been wanting this for a long time !

Thanks for all of your posts and combined experince here on the forum, I am sure that I will be here alot during my build.

Jerry

·
Charter Member
456 Posts
Jerry, welcome to the madness!!!!!!!!

·
Charter Member
4,001 Posts
Must be an exciting time for you!
Welcome to the forum,you know you can count on us to help you spend you hard earned greeting cards money!
Paul M. :D

·
Premium Member
10,474 Posts
Congrats Dr. Cobra!! This is the cure!!

·
221 Posts
Congrats!
I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and got a call from FFR today telling me it will be ready to ship on the 19th.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am picking up my kit on the 19th. Will be right there... Anybody know of anyone that has tattoo's of a cobra ??

Maybe I'll save that one for another topic...

·
221 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Cobra:
I am picking up my kit on the 19th. Will be right there...
If you happen to see mine while you are there please let it know we have a good home waiting.

·
FFR Craftsman
5,834 Posts
Jerry, congrats!!!!

You have that VCR marketing tape too? :D I got mine around 97' I think. Boy they've come a long way!

I waited only 6-7 years. Unlike you, I didn't have to mow lawns and such... I had to buy my wife a Highlander first! :(

·
983 Posts
Thanks for the business guys and we'll do our best. I don't cruise here very often, but I have taken to sliding in every now and then to keep my crew on their toes.

Dave Smith

·
Banned
249 Posts
congrats!!!! have fun

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ordered mine two weeks ago as well. Hope the experience is going to be worth the investment.

Oh my gosh, did I say investment? I must be losing it! :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Congratulations Jerry, BB, and hoho...

I had trouble sleeping at night too. The anticipation was like Christmas as a kid. What great fun!

Thanks to Dave and the gang for the great legal drug. No better way to put dead dinos to their final resting spot - exhaust out the side pipes of a cobra.

John

·
221 Posts
Originally posted by Dave Smith:
Thanks for the business guys and we'll do our best. I don't cruise here very often, but I have taken to sliding in every now and then to keep my crew on their toes.

Dave Smith
Dave,
Rest assured, your crew is on their toes.
So far my experience with your company has been a model that every company should aspire to emulate. I am not just blowing smoke to the President.

-Bill

·
Senior Charter Member
1,387 Posts
Congrats Jerry. Did you make it home with the buck ok???

Take lots of pics and post'em along the way. You're going to have the time of your life.

Mark

·
Junior Charter Member
222 Posts
Congrats!

- this excitement makes me depressed! :(

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Wecome to "COBRA FUNS"
:D

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picked up a body buck already made from another member here in Mass. He got it passed on to him, and I intend to pass it on at no cost as well. It's great to see that Dave gets active with the fourm...I am really impressed with FFR.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Congrats Jerry......hide your wallet :D

c

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
ill be ordering mine in august.
but i am building my motor rear end and transmission now so i can get a jump start on the car when it gets here... good luck everyone...

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Forgot to mention that I got the Buck from Mark9 !

THANKS!! Yep, made it home fine. I tightend it up a little, and plan to put it up in the air so I can park the frame under it.

I am sure that it will get more use out of when I am finished....

Again, many thanks Mark9

1 - 20 of 23 Posts