Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my 408W Kieht Craft has been ordered...will pick up and witness the dyno run on 11-1-07....will take pics. Her is what I getting:

408/410 econo crate engine

520-525hp/530ft pounds of torque
(NEW DYNO NUMBERS)
Fully machined production block, Eagle cast steel crank, Eagle I-Beam rods, Probe pistons, Plasma moly rings, Federal Mogul bearings, 28 oz balanced, Comp Cams hyd roller camshaft, Ford Racing double roller timing set, front cover, Melling oil pump, Canton RR oil pan, replacement damper, Ford Racing hyd roller lifters, Comp Cams pushrods, Scorpion roller rockers, ARP head bolts, AFR 185 heads, Fel Pro gasket set, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, engine is balanced, blueprinted & assembled . Includes carburetor, water pump, distributor with polymer gear, Ford Racing or Moroso plug wires, Keith Craft logo'd valve covers & gaskets.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
See if you can request the Morosso wires as they are better quality. Otherwise that's a great setup although I question those numbers running a Performer RPM intake. Maybe with a Victor Jr on that motor, but otherwise I just don't believe them with the Performer RPM. Not enough airflow to support that much HP with that setup.

Regardless of the numbers it makes (not that important really) it will be very satisfying and very fast.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wurf
I will defiantly post the dyno results and pics...see what I end up with. There was a forum member who posted his results recently.. got very close to the numbers.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That is essentially the same engine I have and it is a fire breather. Just remember it loves to break loose the rear wheels. But it sure moves and sounds REALLY good.

Mike

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wayne & Mike

OH BOY!!!
:D

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
I always say this (and it makes my wife mad) More head !! Sorry couldn't resist and agreed on the intake and Moroso wires.pm sent. Anyone else on the heads. I was told and I believe that you really need a 200cc intake port on the head.it worked on the blown 306 525rwhp and on the 408 similar power. Bob

·
Charter Member
250 Posts
I'm running essentialy the same motor, but with Diamond pistons, and AFR 205s. With a little 770carb, 435 at the wheels, and very streetable

1 - 9 of 9 Posts