Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the carpet supplied in the kit with something nicer. If you have the Breeze carpet set, please give me some feedback on:

How well does it fit?

How easy is it to install?

Are the edges bound?

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
the edges are not bound, carpet is great quality, i had insulation down so i did have to trim a little here and there. Would buy it again!!

Eric

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
I've heard alot about the upgraded carpet. Since I haven't seen it, what about it makes it better than the FFR supplied carpet? (Yes, I'm still a newbie and waiting on the kit to arrive...)

Drew
FFR????

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drew, as much as I like some of the features of the kit, the carpet is about as cheap as I've ever seen. I just want something that looks really nice, and the FFR stuff doesn't, IMHO.

·
3,701 Posts
I found that carpeting is a pain in the butt to install, and I am glad that I only had to do it once! I have the BREEZE carpeting and althoug it was expensive - it is one of the more 'visible' parts of the car. It comes rough cut - so you just need to trim it up a little. The only problem that I had was that I used the 1/4" insulation on the trans tunnel and when I did the back cockpit wall, the cut was off a little because of the extra insulation.

The seems are easier to hide because it is very plush. Also, because of it's thickness, you almost have to brush it to get the dirt and debris out, a shop vacumn just doesn't want to do the job.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Mark,

This is my next purchase but, I too am going with insulation under the carpet.. any ideas on how not to mess this up with your pre-cut carpet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts