Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the title says. looking for one that will allow me to paint my roadster. Will this do it?

·
Senior Charter Member
1,521 Posts
What compressor? Even if I knew which one you were talking about, I probably could not answer you, but figured I would let you know you forgot the link!

Tom

·
Registered
271 Posts
I try the site but could not get in. Check the air requirements of your painting equipment and compare that against the output of the compressor.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,918 Posts
couple things. Notice the price difference with this one and the weight difference.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=290947&categoryId=90143

Also note it pumps over 2x as much air.. The "peak 7.5hp" is more like 3hp for real, part of the reason it is so light is because the motor is tiny. Also with aluminum heads you are limited with rebuilds. An iron head pump will last the rest of your life and your childrens.

·
6,546 Posts
If you're going to do any significant metal work that compressor will be a PITA. A 4" grinder or a 3" cut off tool will put the hurt on it. HVLP guns also have mongo air requirements, check your gun against it.

If you'll only run those type of high air consumption tools only every so often - it'll be fine.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought a Porter Cable 60 Gallon and was able to handle all the jobs with plenty of power. Riveting, grinding, painting with my finishline HVLP Debilvis paint gun. No problems at all. I like it because it is QUIET and uses 240V. Best purchase I ever made. I got mine at my local Farm Supply Store and is made in the USA and not China.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts