Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics from todays open house. Lots of great cars, and I got a few real deals at the scratch and dent sale, including a $100 pair of 4-into-4's.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics - The Hilborn injected 521 was amazing!

·
Master Builder
1,243 Posts
Just got back met a bunch of GREAT people that I have chatted with on this forum ! The car I built for "wastehauler" won "Best Innovative Improvement" award and my good fried "Tonya" won "Best Roadster" Sorry didnt get picture of Tony and photo bucket won't down load wastehauler photo.

·
Master Builder
1,243 Posts
I just noticed the dyno posting board. James Lyons was a 385 , I was standing there! His forum name is jamesfast ! nice going he built the engine himself !

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am in envy of all who attended. I was planning to go this year.
My wife flew to Providence yesterday to visit a friend and I was going to work my way across NY on my sales calls and meet her.
The plan was to be able to attend the open house today then spend tonight and Sunday with her (our anniversary was Fri.) and then work my way home next week.
But my boss pulled rank and sent me to a meeting so now here I sit in Murfreesboro TN until next Fri.
On the plus side, I plan to drive through London next Sat on my way home

·
Charter Member
1,326 Posts
Geez Scott - tell me to suck my gut in next time!!!!

Other than that - nice Pics!!

Scott

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Originally posted by CLK 5.0:
I am in envy of all who attended. I was planning to go this year.
My wife flew to Providence yesterday to visit a friend and I was going to work my way across NY on my sales calls and meet her.
The plan was to be able to attend the open house today then spend tonight and Sunday with her (our anniversary was Fri.) and then work my way home next week.
But my boss pulled rank and sent me to a meeting so now here I sit in Murfreesboro TN until next Fri.
On the plus side, I plan to drive through London next Sat on my way home
Same here. I am 1 hour away from the open house... Had to work ALL day... Next Year..

·
2,860 Posts
That beautiful 'stacked' Green 521 CID Cobra...stood out amongst giants. When that car idled it sounded like 'cherry bombs' were rolling out the pipes on a regular basis. Very impressive.

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts
Yeah I noticed the board too. I kept saying, I hope I get 385.2. I wonder why it was changed? Just want everyone to know I DIDN"T DO IT! I got 366.2.
Had a great time at the show. Awsome job as usual. The Factory Five team is one great bunch of people. They actually WORK at that show. It's not like a day off or anything for them. And after we are all gone they still have lots of work to do to clean up. Just wanted to give them a shout-out for thier efforts. NIce. Very nice!
Paul

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,092 Posts
Thanks Ken, they updated the typo to 385 later in the day. Did anyone see the 601 hp monster...
thanks for the pics it was a great day.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scotty - Sorry about the gut shot. If it is any consolation, mine is that size when it is sucked in!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,533 Posts
Hey Thanks Doug,
It makes 652hp at 6500 and I had the dyno operater cut it short at 6000 because I still needed to drive it home 3hrs! The first pull just warmed up the tires and the second pull they had the other operater push down on the trunk to keep it from spinning. I cant say I would want to be that guy!! I couldnt figure out why they put the dyno booth right next to the driver side sidepipe outlet! I would have moved it forward so I didnt have to breathe the fumes all day. Anyways, I was happy with the results, I guess I have the record until next years Open House! Thanks again to FFR for an awesome day.

Mike

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,655 Posts
Wow Mike, that is some power #!

Olli

1 - 15 of 15 Posts