Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from open house 2007. What a great day. Tons of Roadsters, Coupes and GTMs. Met a lot of new people and old friends. Thanks FFR for putting this on. And thanks for all of you that came and visited myself and all the other vendors. Cant wait for next year.
Mike

·
Charter Member
3,486 Posts
It happened and I had a great day but feel as though I need a nap, must be getting old. Thanks FFR and crew for putting up with us. This is truely a great event.

·
2007 Calendar Cover Car
2,792 Posts
Another great open house...bigger & better every year. Thanks goes to the FFR family for hosting!

Here's a pic of 5.8Cobra putting down 601.3HP!! :eek: :eek: ...and a pic of mine, putting down half of that!! (301.3) :D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,533 Posts
Nice pics Jay and congrats dyno run. Thanks for posting mine, my coz took my dyno charts to scan them in and I believe he will have the video posted in a day or two. Beautiful day, great ride and so many nice people. We took the tour as we do every year and the factory is more packed each year. I see the need for a bigger facility already!! Thanks to FFR for helping so many people realize their dream and for the culmination of such a great group of car guys! See ya next year!

Mike & Donna
ps. Even though we hit rain for the last half hour of the trip, we still had a blast.

·
Senior Charter Member
567 Posts
Hey Mike, that motor is sick! So you drive for 3 hours fill her up at the Quicky Mart with the cheap stuff, and then tell the guy to stop at 600Hp since you need the gas for the ride home:) Great to see you and Donna. Its amazing, I only live a couple of houses over, but only actually see you after a 3 hour drive at 80 Mph (lets just say 80 wink wink) in a north east direction. What are the odds of that?

Iggy

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
Heres 5.8Cobras dyno sheet from the Open House today! Mike did 2 pulls.... On the second pull the dyno operator in the back had to push down on the trunk because the tires were just spinning on the dyno!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
BLUE.II
2,058 Posts
Great day guys, good to see you all again.

I ran into some rain on the way home (Kept driving), no problems.

Mike (601) WOW!!!! (I have it on video)

CT caravan = 20
[/IMG]

Some Rain
[/IMG]

Cheers
Doug

·
Senior Charter Member
939 Posts
Wow, Looks like you all had a great day, I was just at the factory Monday the 4th. I wish my trip timing was a little better then I could've met some of you and seen all your cars. Aloha, Karl

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Mike, People might laugh at you driving in the rain with no top, but you can always yell out, I have 600hp!

Looking back at the timing coming home, if we waiting longer, we had missed everything. Remember I said "we need to get going so we don't miss the rain"

All you guys are great, good time!

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Great time at the open house. It was worth the drive.

Chris & Donna

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
I got caught. I had stopped at the first rest stop once on the Mass Pike. Then continuded on pasting the rest of the CT group stopped at the next rest stop. After going thru the toll at I-84 exit, got on it a little pulling out from the toll. Then tick,tick,clank,clank..S&%T!!! Limped it off the Rt.20 exit and pulled it into the State Police barracks driveway. Meanwhile Jim/Bob the farm boy pulls in behind me in his VW rabbit which is held together with duct tape. Starts rambling on about the car and how his father had a real one :rolleyes: .
I could tell the problem was under the right valve cover. Pull it off and what do you know.
Broken rocker shaft...
Have a old non-adjustable set-up at home. Call my brother who was at my parents(next door to me) have him clean it up in the parts washer and dad drives it out to me. So as he's pulling in what did he bring with him?? THE RAIN!!! Tarped the cockpit and waited it out in his car. 45 minutes later the sky starts to clear. Swap the shafts, get it back together at hit the road. A mile or two done the road it starts raining again. Get off 84 and head west on 190 toward the clearing sky. Stopped raining around Stafford. Got home and never rained a drop here..
Shop vac'ed the inch of water from the floors and it's out in the sun drying now..
So, I guess it's time to get the Erson rockers with end supports that I wanted to get a month ago.. Should have done it then.... I might have missed the rain.....

Still had a great time!!! :D :D

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Thanks to FFR for another great open house. I had an excellent time talking to old friends and checking out a lot of great cars. I'll see everyone next year!

Charlie

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,533 Posts
Hey Rob, thanks for posting the dyno sheet,I cant wait to see the video!!

Mike

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Doug I like highway sign in the rain pic, "Waterbury". Could not have time it more perfectly.

·
Senior Charter Member
610 Posts
Here is a link to my post and more pics....

click here

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.