Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got all of my lights wired up and tested... High beam, low beam, front and rear turn signals, parking lights, tail lights... I have them all soilderd up and shrink wrapped using the Painless harness...
Bad news is when the wife got home, I was showing off my work and putting on a light show, that's when the tester light fell off the steering column and fell perfectly on to the fuse Pannel and started the spark show...
It grounded out the horn relay and blew the turn signal and horn fuse.
:-(
Now, the brake light stays on, turn signals don't work anTd the headlight switch, when turned on, turns off the brake lights... And I pissed my pants laughing! Weird
I was testing the system using a low amp battery charger as the Painless instructions recomend but fear I fried the turn signal stalk.
Is there a way to test the circuits on the plug? No sign of any wires melting...

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a tester but don't have schematics of the corvette stalk...

· Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it fixed!

Looks like the dark green wire from the turnsignal stalk at pin "T" got spliced in with the dark green wire from pin "B". Removed it and all is working fine!
Anyone know what that wire at pin "t" is used for?
Robert GTM #407

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.