Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
18,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lived all over the place in my life and I have always heard things like "Only in Minnesota do mosquitoes grow so large that they chase down crows for a little stray stuff..."... :eek:

I got this one from a friend of mine in Texas in an email today and I thought I would share it.

----

I told you Texas was a great state!

A father watched his daughter playing in the garden. He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and innocent his little girl was.

Suddenly she just stopped and stared at the ground. He went over to her and noticed she was looking at two spiders mating.

"Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?" she asked. "They're mating," her father replied.

"What do you call the spider on top,Daddy?" she asked. "That's a Daddy Longlegs! " Her father answered.

"So, the other one is Mommy Longlegs?" the little girl asked. "No," her father replied.
"Both of them are Daddy Longlegs."

The little girl thought for a moment, then took her foot and stomped them flat. "Well, it might
be OK in California or Massachusetts but we're not having any of that crap in Texas."

·
Male Member
1,873 Posts
Randy, good story. Alaska calls the mosquitos the state bird. I know people that go there every year to fish, and EVERYTHING is covered. Not a problem in AZ. No moisture.

·
Land Shark!
4,668 Posts
Originally posted by mrpink:
Alaska calls the mosquitos the state bird.
I think you got your states mixed up... the mosquito is the state bird of NJ... :rolleyes:

·
1,418 Posts
Hay Ted you ever seen a Alaskan mosquito's?

The dame things don't die in the winter, they hibernate under the leaves and come back out in the spring. There big and there's billions of them. People up there actually sell them to tourist in those clear polyurethane paper weights.

·
3,760 Posts
Sorry Ted, having lived in both places, I gotta tell ya that the skeeters in the Land O' Ten Thousand Lakes are amazing. They have been known to carry off small dogs, presumably for snacking later on. Hit one at 70 and you're in danger of cracking the windshield. Many of them get tattoos and ride Harleys.

AJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts