Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the in and out lines on the relocator. Also, do i understand this correctly, i screw the piece in to the block then just tighten the bolt thing then allign it where i want?

Eric

·
Registered
31 Posts
Love the Canton piece. Got rid of all my leaks with that and the remote filter from Finish Line.

Yes you just thread the adapter onto the block, position it were you want it and tighten the 1-1/4 hex.

I cant remember which line (top or bottom) on mine was the out, and they are not marked. But that doesn't matter. This is very important, THE LINE IN FROM THE FILTER HAS TO BE THE ONE GOING TO THE THREADED TUBE IN THE BLOCK. Therefore the out line is the line that is fed by the area surrounding the threaded tube.
This out line from the adaptor MUST GO TO THE REMOTE FILTER LINE THAT FEEDS THE OUTSIDE OF THE OIL FILTER, NOT THE THREADED HOLE!
Many people are confused on how a filter works. The flow of oil through the filter goes from the outside to the inside and then back to the block. If you have it backwards you can starve the engine of oil, but your pressure gauge will still read pressure because it is reading the pump pressure against the blockage.

·
Senior Charter Member
591 Posts
Eric,
If you look at the Canton piece carefully you'll notice it is not perfectly round and has for lack of better words, a bulge. The "outside" line is the one creating this bulge on the Canton piece and connect that to the matching line on the filter mount.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Eric,
I now have a matching billet filter mount. It is also black just like the remote Canton adapter. With the 4 ports in it you can install a temp gauge or plumb an Accusump into it.
Mike Forte
Burlington, Ma
781-273-9900

·
FFR Driver
2,154 Posts
Originally posted by Mike Forte:
Hi Eric,
I now have a matching billet filter mount. It is also black just like the remote Canton adapter. With the 4 ports in it you can install a temp gauge or plumb an Accusump into it.
Mike Forte
Burlington, Ma
781-273-9900
Oh your good Mike! Very smooth. A matching billet remote mount? Telling Eric about this kind of stuff is like shooting fish in a barrel. :D :D :D

"Ka-ching"

Ever read the childrens story, "If you give a moose a muffin............"?

[ July 25, 2002, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: dpmac ]

·
FFR Driver
2,154 Posts
Originally posted by Eric 427 Shelby:
Mike - i did not recieve any mail from you...

Eric

P.S. thanks Pat!
Anytime, Eric. Anytime.

The bottom line is: The Canton re-locator and braided lines with proper fittings work well with any remote filter IMHO.

Some have used the standard setup with success. Others have not.

Some have spent less then others.
Eric has not.

:D :D :D :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts