Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to announce that FFR #7126 is on the road in Sweden. After completion in July it has been a really nice summer with only minor adjustments and I must say, this forum has been fantastic during the time of building, thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Senior Charter Member
3,410 Posts
How do people react to it? I'd guess they're pretty unusual there.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
WOW!! That paint looks like it is still wet. Very Nice!

·
DRIVING!!!
307 Posts
Awesome- I LOVE the raised white letters!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
Mk4 FR347 TKO600 Moser 3:31 350RWHP 350RWHP NT01s GasN Pipes Corbeau seats Celina Custom Auto paint
452 Posts
Well Done!!

2X on what people think of it over there in the land of $10/gal gasoline.
2X also on what colors you used.

Just a great look!

·
Banned
2,213 Posts
I'm in love! Congrats. Now THAT'S a Cobra!!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Very Nice.

I really like the unusual color. Every one has blue and white but yours is unique. Beautiful. Congratulations

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
Beautiful!! More photos please!!!!!!!!!

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,961 Posts
Really nice build. Please what exact blue is it? Oh yeah, and what white too?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys. Thanks all, nice you like it!

It's hard to say how many Cobra there are here in Sweden, but the last few years it has become several FFR built. I have contact with 7 others and I know there are at least 4-5 more. Most of the others Cobra builders have bought their kit from a Swedish manufacturer, but that one is designed for parts from Corvette C4, their are also many who buying kits from the U.K. Most of the cars I have seen here are based on Chevy parts, therefore it is especially fun to have my car with a Ford engine. During the summer I have received a lots of positive comments as "it looks like a Cobra should look like" etc. and thats really nice to hear after 2 1/2 years in the garage.

I ordered the complete kit, thanks to that I have everything as new on the car. The idea was already from my planning stage to build a cobra with a classic look. Therefore, I have chose 15" wheels, a solid blue color with classic white stripes, etc. I dont have the color no. on the blue there I am but I can post it later if you want, the white is the older Wimbledon white from Ford Mustang. The dash has the S/C layout but with glowe box with CS signature. The engine is an old (-72), but renovated Ford 302" with some extra "fix" to add some more power. It has a Holly carb, Tremec TKO-500 and runs super. As "Laser Stan" mentioned, the gas cost $8,50/gal but the options are limited and it worth it every time I run it. :)

I really can recommend Breeze, Finish Line and Tony D Branda, they all have really good products and customer service (but I guess you already know...). :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm curious, do you guys pay an extra fee for having a larger motor in the car? I know that can be especially expensive licensing issue when registering a car for the road in parts of Europe. I was wondering how Sweden laws were setup compared to the US.

And great looking car, congrats on the build!

Mark

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm curious, do you guys pay an extra fee for having a larger motor in the car? I know that can be especially expensive licensing issue when registering a car for the road in parts of Europe. I was wondering how Sweden laws were setup compared to the US.

And great looking car, congrats on the build!

Mark
Hi Mark

We have a fairly simple set of rules to follow. I have to build the car my self but its ok to buy the frame and body, steering from the same manufacturer. Majority of the parts has to come from several vendors, that put the compete kit in a gray zone but if their are extensive work to build the car its ok.

The power/weight ratio is maximum 20,4 hp/100 kg but you dont need any documents on the engine if its not obvius that you have more, I have around 340hp, no discussions. Besides that we dont need ABS, we have a lower requirements for emission control and the sound level is limited to 84dB. We also need wipers,and european head lights. All that will be checked in the registration process.

After the registration their are only, besides the sound level (if its sound loud), normal safety check as lights, brakes, safety harness and emission. The first time for that is after 3 years, then every 2nd year. The insurance is around $500 per year, the tax is around $300 per year.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Very very nice! Congratulations and enjoy.

·
Registered
Mk4 FR347 TKO600 Moser 3:31 350RWHP 350RWHP NT01s GasN Pipes Corbeau seats Celina Custom Auto paint
452 Posts
And the Blue?

We're all still waiting for the blue color number.

Great car!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Peter

I am building a GTM, and usually dont hang around the roadster forum, but by chance I saw you post, really, really nice! that color scheme is the one to have if you build a Roadster, the FFR cars are increasing here in sweden, I now of at least 3 GTm´s, atleast one 33, and some roadsters.
Hopefully I will have mine finished by next summer, hopfully see you on the road

Mvh

Thomas

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.