Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks guys for the help on ordering my billetts.

i am going with wheelreplicas.com because they endorse this forum. great silver-bullet lugnuts for only $45. nice guy on the phone, too.

17x9 in front, 17x10.5 deep dish rear. using max tire sizes as per assembly manual.

i have 1990 donor lower control arms (to be notched), 1990 spindles.

so what are the correct front 5-lug rotors to use? the FAQ section says 1984 lincoln rotors. questions:

1. is this correct for my application?
2. can you use the same calipers?
3. can you use the same pads?
4. can you use the same bearings?
5. do i need the rotor modification and dust cap mod?

thanks guys

·
Cobra Nutcase
1,633 Posts
I have '90 Lincoln MKVII rotors with the same exact wheels w/fox spindles. Yes, you use the same calipers and pads. I'm not sure on the bearings, but you will want to buy new bearings and races anyway. When you buy the rotors buy your bearings/races to go along with it. You will have to modify the dust cap.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,444 Posts
You wont be able to use the rotors as they come if you want to use the Bullit center caps. A few options are available at this time. Run no centers... Leave the dust cap off and run a 3/16" spacer... check with Dan Babb for some custom machined centers...forget the Lincoln rotors and go to SN95 spindles and newer brakes, then the wheels go right on. If you dont run the spacer, you will definitely have to machine a 45 degree angle at the top of the hub where the dust cap goes. Otherwise the center cap will not fit in between the rim and rotor. There were some pics floatin around of the mods. I will do a little research and post what I find.

Mike

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
I have the same setup as you and am using FFR Bullets from their web site. I used ´87 lincoln rotors from Autozone and also replaced the bearings and seals. Your calipers and pads will work fine. The center cap for me was a minor problem. I used 1/8th inch spacers and flattened the grease cap with a hammer. As long as you have 1/2 inch of thread on your lug nuts after installing the spacers, you´ll be fine from a structural standpoint.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi,
I sell the Ford Racing M-1102 C rotor kit. The bearings are a Set 5 & Set 12 Timken with a 9150 National seal. I have all of them and more like the correct calipers with hardware.
Mike Forte

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,318 Posts
DMW,

How does the spacer affect the handling? Wouldn't that increase the bump steer?

This whole thing with the dust caps has me really bent out of shape...

·
FFCobra Fanatic
587 Posts
I agree with Mike Forte. I just installed new 5 lug rotors from Ford Racing. A direct bolt on. Comes supplied with new inner grease seals. Just transfer the inner bearings to the new disks and bolt on. Took me about 15 minutes. Cost was $171.00

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I bought rotors from a 1987 Lincoln Continental and new bearings for a 1987 Mustang 5.0. It bolted up without any issues. I've got new calipers for a 1987 Mustang.

I had to ditch the dust caps for now. They are too long to fit under the wheel caps. My two choices at this point are 1) Use the new Ford spinner caps for the new Mustang 2) Highly modify the dustcap to fit under the caps for the wheels.

[ February 24, 2005, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Feddersen ]

·
Part Time FFR Builder
109 Posts
I bought rotors and rear axels from Brothers Performance. Looking for a nice set of calipers now.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I have Ford EOM bullit rims and used the 87 Lincoln rotors up front. They were $45 each from NAPA. I had the ends of the hubs on the rotors chamfered for clearance inside the wheel, and I had custom center caps for the wheels turned out of aluminum. The dust caps have not been touched because the caps I had made give me some extra clearance inside.

If I had to do it again, I would look for a deal on a set of the 95 spindles, hubs, and use new rotors. You need the specific IFS brackets for this setup from FFR. Somebody just had a setup for sale in the classifieds the other day, but it's gone already. I would start calling around the local yards and see what you can find.

If I that's not a desireable option for you, I would probably run spacers and use longer wheel studs if necessary with the Lincoln rotors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts