Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come of folks, who won awards at Knott's? Inquiring minds that weren't in attendance want to know :D Details, details........

·
Registered
401 Posts
I hear tell that Mr. Mike Tirri, BIG IRON hisself, won BEST FFR COBRA! (Not sure that's the exact title but you get the idea.) But then I heard that from Mike Tirri! Ohh he's trustworthy! I believe him! CONGRATULATIONS Mikey!

And I think the Radio Flyer won something. Probably BEST Billet Aluminum Gizmos! CONGRATS to you too Russman. Tell us exactly what it was.

Wish I could've been there. Sounds like ya'll had a blast! Maybe I'll have a job by next year and I can go!

Let's Hula!

[ April 30, 2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Hula Master ]

·
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huh? I don't see Russ's post about any details. I see awards mentioned but no details.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mary,
Best I can remember, goes something like this:

Judges Award Steve Moriarty

1st place over 50K Dan Skirtz ?? Might be 3rd
2nd place over 50K Jim Riddell
3rd place over 50K ?

1st place 25K-50K ?
2nd place 25K-50K Edwin Velarde
3rd place 25K-50K ?

1st place under 25K ?
2nd place under 25K Jerry Nansom
3rd place under 25K Russ Thompson

FFR Awards:

Best of Show 1st place Mike Tirri
Best of Show 2nd place Dan Skirtz (Not sure of spelling)
Most Innovative 1st place Blown & Cromed Go Cart
Most Innovative 2nd place Russ Thompson
Special FFR award Don DePonte (Great job on car Don)
Long Distance
Most Mileage

Made it to Knotts without breaking down Mr. Potatohead

There's just to much to remember, feel free to edit this post and insert missing information.

Congratulations to everyone!

[ April 30, 2002, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Big Iron ]

·
Registered
350 Posts
The FFR group was well awarded this year(compared to last year). Russ won in the under $25,000 along with another FFR owner whom I just could'nt remember his name but has an awesome silver car. My buddy Farrah Snook won first place for the over $50,000. group , a first place for the best engine and a first for the best build in progress. The 4.6 was just crazy. My wife and I really enjoyed seeing you guys and gals from last year along with all the new people. Sergio what a great color blue(don't forget to polish the other side!). Mike I keep telling everybody how great your car was last year, congrats on your award( I still think there was alittle deal between you and Al-no?). Wayne you are going to have to drive up here to give me that ride(right!). Steve great stories-and great car!! I could go on and on. My family had a great time thanks to all
Don

PS:; anybody who is in their build should have went to this show---no two cars were a like and every one of them were fantastic!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
DON

I had a blast with you. My hats off to you and your family. Your car is one of the best I have ever seen. You guys were probably have way back home before I was finally able to get away from the parking lot.
THe most mileage award went to DAVE ELLIS with over 20,000 miles on it.
I beleive the longest drive went to LARRY CORNISH???? [Sacramento, CA]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey Don,

It was great to see you and your wife. Ditto what Steve said about your car.

Actually me thinks I owe Al a new set of custom sidepipes and he gets to use the rack when he installs his 3 link.

Are you going to make Hot August Nights? And I forgot to ask you how the run & gun is progressing.

Big Iron

·
Junior Charter Member
18 Posts
Don,
Might you have been talking about my silver car? Thanks for the compliment. Took 2nd on 25-50K (who took 1st?). Had a blast with my family. Wife and kids did the park while Dad did his thing. We're already planning for next year. Lots of fine Cobras in one place. What a treat! Almost turned back Saturday AM when I hit rain in Santa Susanna pass coming from Moorpark. Glad I stayed the course.

Russ,
Did you or anyone get a picture of Curt Scott with Big Iron? Someone ought to post that one.

Congratulations to everyone!

Edwin V.

[ May 01, 2002, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: HSSSER ]

·
10,171 Posts
I was just talking to a buddy I work with here in Va. He said.. "I was in California last week on vacation and stumbled upon this car show. I saw a bunch of those cute little cars like you built... there kinda cool looking.."

·
Junior Charter Member
18 Posts
Jeff,

Thanks. Couldn't have done it without Rob Weatherbie (www.speedyasscars.com) for taking on the project and responding positively to my requirements. We had fun doing it. Logged-in many ld phone calls and some hefty freq flyer miles. Rob even came down to Knott's from PA just for this event.

Edwin V.

·
Premium Member
5,210 Posts
1st place under 25K:

Jack Hammond red/white FFR from Arizona.

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts