Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
16,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just downloaded the Microsoft security pack 2 for my XP Computer. At least the automatic updates told me I needed it. I thought I already had it. Now I go to restart it like it tells you to, and it starts to load fine. But just as the icons are starting to come on screen the monitor goes black.
Arrrrrghhhhh. This is the same machine that I had problems with a few weeks ago. I did download the Firefox browser and the security pack. That's it so far.....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
FFCobra Captain
3,440 Posts
You might want to change the thread title - I'm sure there are several other people who have advice on this one !

I think you have one of the graphics cards that it doesn't agree with :(

Can you start succesfully in Safe Mode (hold f8 on restart) ?

If so you may want to consider restoring your pre SP2 installation using system restore:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304449

and then updating your graphics card drivers, before retrying SP2.

Unfortunately SP2 is not proving as compatible as we were told !

·
Justa Member
1,225 Posts
CC...I'm right there with you.

I downloaded security pack 2 last week, same thing said I needed it. After the download, restarted computer, screen came up with NO icons, had to go into safe mode and restore to a previous day then delete download.

somebody help us.....please

·
FFCobra Captain
3,440 Posts
The bad news is there really isn't any help, beyond going back to a functioning install, updating everything and having another go.

Be thankful for the small mercy that is System Restore !

There's a great deal of material on M'soft's support site together with a (US and Canada only :mad: ) helpline number, but I'm afraid I've outlined the extent of the information they're giving out at the moment :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts