Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By loading the gun I mean that I will be purchasing a great '89 GT Donor from a buddy. I almost hate to tear it down it looks so good. But, the MKIII looks so much better.

This of which I will use as a temp replacement for my Durango (to help save on miles) and have fun with for about 2-4 years before completely purchasing a kit. WIFE AGREED FINALLY!

I do have some questions regarding the
"331 vs. 347" issues though.

I want to build the motor ( very soon) with the future of a turbo or supercharger. So I am going to use low compression pistons, mass-flo, forged internals, cam that has a mild to aggresive cam. ( drag and auto-x)

1) What would be best selection to reduce engine heat?

2) From those who have forced induction: What is better for the boost ( 6-10 psi)?

3)Knock retard?

Are there any other concerns?

Thanks ,
Matt

·
FFCobra Fanatic
7,022 Posts
Matt,

I just installed a Vortech VS-1 on my non high output 87 short block with cast piston and stock compresion motor.
I am running a 3.33 pully on the blower 8-10 pounds of boost. As for a engine heat I have not had it go over 200 with the stock water pump termostat and FFR sullpied radiator. NOrmal and hard driving stays at about 190 and a stop never over 200.

I did have a problem blowing the drivers side head gasket at the dyno. THat was related to another issue.

10 degrees of timeing 93 octane gas.

John

·
Junior Charter Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok.

Cobra 302: What cam specs do you have? That sounds great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts