Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an LS376 "Special" 525hp for a customer's GTM. It requires that the boss for the oil pressure sender be "removed" so that you can flip the intake 180 degrees and have clearance for the bottom of the intake manifold. I would like to offer my services if you have a similar valley cover that you need this done to. Price to cut the boss down and plug the hole would be $40 plus shipping. You can email me thru my website if you are interested in having this service performed on your valley cover.

There is still some minor "trimming" that will need to be done to the bottom of your intake manifold to clear part of the boss, one valley-cover bolt-head, and the vent port at the front of the valley cover. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if GM started using this valley cover on all LS3's now, or what. I've had a few LS3's thru here and don't recall any of them having a boss this tall. Anyway, it took me longer to figure out what I needed to do, what I needed to purchase, find what I needed to purchase than it did to do the actual modification, so I figured I might as well try to pay for a bit of that time by repeating the process....... ;-)

·
Premium Member
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not relocate the OEM oil pressure sensor. Only the transducer for the gauge.

I can also offer my services to drill/tap this piece for you for $15. You may need to use the FFR 45 degree brass adapter to mount the transducer. With the transducer screwed directly to the oil bypass as in the photo, there was only a few thousands clearance between the transducer and engine block. Can't guarantee that if I do this to your piece, it will clear your engine block, and you may have to use the 45 adapter to get it to clear. I can get pics of this mounted to the engine tomorrow.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I highly recommend everybody go this route - I bought the Katech reverse intake valley cover with their oil pressure relocate, found it didn't fit the LS3 and eventually brought the cover to a machine shop to weld shut. $$$+$$$+$$$$$. Wish Shane had offered this service a few months ago, haha :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.