Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have oil leaking out of the valve cover breather onto my headers, boy does that make lots of smoke :(

I have a rubber grommet with a x-cut at the bottom, when I remove the breather and look at the grommet it has oil sitting at the bottom of the grommet, If I push on the x-cut with a tool all the oil drains off. It seam to be blowing out the breather and onto the headers.

I have a 351W just rebuilt, Edelbrock valve covers and breather.

Did anyone else have this problem? If yes, How did you fix the problem or did you?

Thanks, Go Fast

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,600 Posts
Just a few thoughts, make sure you don't have too much oil in the engine, and is the pvc working properly, also do you have a baffle below the breather so no oil splashed up the breather?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Baffle, I want to add one. Does anyone know where I can buy one? I have two holes on the inside of the valve covers.

Thanks, Go Fast

·
Registered
156 Posts
most valve covers come with baffles uninstalled,cut a square of metal large enough to keep oil away from the breather but allow room for adding oil without spillage.also depending how new your motor is and what type of piston and ring combo with proper breakin it may stop.definitly check that pcv valve any excessive crankcase pressure can cause problems.thanks chuck525

1 - 4 of 4 Posts