Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FFR Bandit
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your oil filter adapter relocation pics. if you've got em'....

I need some good ideas to see if it's worth the time and effort to move it- just for looks.

Thanks gang!

·
Junior Charter Member
2,071 Posts
remote oil filter adapter

Mildly:

Here is mine. I fabricated an aluminum plate from 3/16 flat stock screwed onto the cross member to raise the adapter above the "X" member. I used a Canton block adapter because they can be turned and oriented as opposed to the FFR adapter that is supplied. That one screws on and when it is tight, it may not be pointed quite right. the FFR block adapter and the remote filter adapters are made by Permacool and they are kinda cheesy. the block adapters have been known to crack and leak.

https://www.cantonracingproducts.co...PAR-90-DEGREE-ROTATING-REMOTE-FILTER-ADAPTER/

Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Modular (2000 4.6l) version...

It almost looks like the filter is located below the frame - but it is not. Just an optical illusion.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
28,695 Posts
The FMS 90* adapter. IMO a cooler for a 302 is not needed for street use so I kept it simple.

Greg

·
6,296 Posts
I had the same setup as Greg until I added the oil cooler. Then I went to this:

and this

I wouldn't do this for aesthetics alone. It's $$ and you'll be chasing oil leaks until you get it sorted out. If you're using the FFR headers you should have plenty of room for any filter but if not just use the angled filter mount like Greg has.

Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.