Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I want to get my car to go-cart stage and have run into a dilemma just before completion of this stage. In the manual it states that one should install all the aluminum around the radiator only once the body is on. This is a bit problematic with the oil cooler kit, because it requires for the hoses to be routed through the side pieces which aren't supposed to be in place yet. I'm thinking of just securing the pieces with duct tape or electrical tape, drilling the 1.25" hole through them and routing the cable through... for that I'd probably have to find a way of temporarily holding the oil cooler in place as well. How did everyone else solve/do this? Is there any concern in maybe mounting the aluminium permanently already with rivets & silicone?

Thanks,

Tim T

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
oil cooler after body. We just skip on of the lines during go cart and run just the filter. Add the third line when the body is on. Hope this helps. Cheers Richard.

·
Senior Charter Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok... sounds good. Thanks.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,808 Posts
As Richard Said. I mounted the filter on the X member as recommended. During Go-cart stage I ran the oil lines to/from the filter. When the body went on I used the remaining hose to run to/from the cooler location. There is plenty of hose in the kit to do this. Had no problems installing after the body was on. Pretty easy and looks very good.

San Rafael Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
321 Posts
This discussion prompts a question. I'm running a 302 with 4 X 4 headers and an oil cooler. Could you recommend oil plumbing. Is there a way to run the oil cooler with out running a remote oil filter? I'm thinking that I have to run the remote filter since I'm using an oil cooler.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Devildog,

Just did this today. Call Mike Forte's and get the canton billet unit for the filter. It allows you to put the new piece where filter was then filter on to the new piece. the unit has the two fittings for the oil lines out and back to the filter..

$70 was the cost

1 - 6 of 6 Posts