Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a baffle that came loose on my donor tank. Looking for a non-donor OE replacement tank. Who has a good price on a replacement?

·
Senior Charter Member
565 Posts
I got mine from Breeze Automotive. They're a vendor here on the forum. Also, Aeromotive also sells one (can be obtained from Summit Racing).

Good luck,

Preston

·
3,217 Posts
Todd - Either Mark at Breeze or Mike at Forte's. They both also carry new filler neck seals, which probably isn't a bad idea, since your tank is old enough to be losing the baffle.

·
Charter Member
718 Posts
I ordered one through Advance Auto parts. It was about $120. They shipped it from their warehouse to the store and I picked it up there.

Sean

·
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whoops... call off the dogs. I had heard a rattle when I shook the car from side to side from the rear bumper and assumed the baffle was loose. I dropped the tank but found the baffle was still intact. I did however find the old flat filter that hung off the EFI pump floating around which I removed when I went carb. This wasn't the source of the rattle but it's out now anyway. I think the rattle I had heard was the 3/4 tank of fuel making the bottom of the tank flop against the plastic protector. Or perhaps it was the empty bottle of gin in the trunk?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts