Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vegasjack
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oddvinyl.jpg
Oddvinyl.jpg
I am working on the instrument panel of a Mark2. Upon unrolling the vinyl cover I discovered two pieces of vinyl that I have no idea where they go. I have asked several cobra owners who also have no idea. Can't find anything in the Mark2 manual. I would think it was just extra scrap, but both are seamed on two sides. with 4 hole X'd in the end. Not sure how the picture will post. Seems like this site won't let me do anything with it, once I inserted it. Any know where it goes?

·
Not a waxer
11,880 Posts
Those are intended to have the 3 lower edges screwed to the inside of the doors with the seamed top left open to create door pouches. Out of the hundreds of Factory Five roadsters I have seen I don't think any of them had them installed.

Jeff

·
Vegasjack
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks for replying. I can see why no one uses them. Nor will I.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I installed them on the Mk1's that I built. I wrapped it around a steel strip along the bottom edge to firm that up. Sandwiched under the door latch in the rear and don't remember what I did with the front edges.

·
Vegasjack
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks, the mystery has been solved. I appreciate all responses. I have been looking at that piece for weeks, trying to figure out where it went. Now that I know, I was able to find the manual section that covers it under: Door Pockets. Even reading over the manual section I wouldn't have identified those pieces as "door pockets". But now I know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts