Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
FFR Master Builder
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on taking a cruise up to and around Lake Sunapee on Sunday Oct. 21. Will be leaving the rest stop on RT2 in Leominster at 8am and traveling up RT 13 to Milford NH where we will be stopping at the Yankee Chef restaurant for breakfast around 9am. Harvey has checked this place out and it has good food and plenty of parking. After breakfast we will be traveling up RT13 to RT77 and then RT114 up to Lake Sunapee. All of these roads are smooth and curvy with speed limits around 50MPH.

Once up at the lake we can stop off at MT Sunapee and stretch our legs and look around. We will then head around Lake Sunapee and if you have had enough driving and wish to hit the highway and head home quickly we will be passing Rt89. I am planning to continue around Lake Sunapee and head home on same roads we came up on.

The entire cruise should take about 5-6 hrs. if you take the back roads home. This cruise is a fair weather cruise with no rain date. Just getting to late into the season for a rain date. I am thinking there should be a stop for lunch at some point, maybe at MT Sunapee. Anybody wishing to join me is welcome

·
Registered
948 Posts
My dance card is still empty for that day.
Weather permitting, I am in.
Ray

·
Premium Member
16,720 Posts
My wife was up in Crawford Notch on Thursday and she said the road was all icy and slippery. Snowed a little, but that is pretty high up. No snow in the Boonies yet.:001_smile:

·
FFR Master Builder
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trying to get a count for this cruise. Last weekends cruise was pretty cold and not sure if it has discouraged anyone from going out again. This will probably be the last outing for this year as winter is approaching.

·
Charter Member
3,478 Posts
Sunday looks like a reasonable day to me 44-61 degrees.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.