Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone planning on going to the air show at Dobbins on this weekend? If you haven't ever seen the Angels this is a great opportunity to see some speed and precision flying.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Tim, Jen has blocked out the weekend and said we WILL be attending this one...poor girl has never seen the Angels or the T-Birds....so we gotta make this one happen ! :)

Lahr, no excuses...bring your girls out for this one ! If I need to come pick them up from you in my truck and leave your butt at home...well, just let me know !

Let me guess....Gerry...you'll be in Brazil..Peru...Indonesia ???

Matt, this is in your neck of the woods...you going to provide us with free accomodations for the evening ! ?? :evil: (PS - Jen said she'll bring meatballs for compensation...)

JoeC....find a way to get the day off and bring Jacob ! If not possible, then see my note to Lahr above and let me know if I have to drive all over the darn city picking up everyone's kids. :)

Don...will you PLEASE come out to this event ?? We need your "NO RAIN" mojo !!!

da Pig

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If Joe is working I could bring Jacob with me if he wants to. Hopefully I'll get the wife out since she's never seen them either.

·
Charter Member
2,564 Posts
Tim,

I'll be back in the RV heading for California on that weekend. I'm going to try and get down to visit John and Victoria Tongish ... if he's back from his dream trip.

Garry

·
Junior Charter Member
431 Posts
I am not working that weekend, so I will bring the kids to watch the show also. I lost count on how many times I've seen the Blue Angles, but it never gets old. What day is everyone going?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I am marking the weekend now. This is the only weekend not booked in October so now I am fully booked.

Pig, you better be nice or I'm not bringing the girls.

·
"The" FFR Master
3,172 Posts
I will talk to Ronda and see what Jacobs schedule looks like.

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not working that weekend, so I will bring the kids to watch the show also. I lost count on how many times I've seen the Blue Angles, but it never gets old. What day is everyone going?
I seen them too many times to count too. It's always a great show. One of the best was on the beach on Jacksonville. We've done that show twice.

My vote is for Saturday.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Saturday is our preference also..

We'll need to get a good firm head-count as it gets closer and talk to Matt, he was saying he can get us some "insider" parking right up front & center or something to that effect...

Lahr...I'm starting to have withdrawls buddy...how long you gonna keep those girls away ?? :)

(I know, I know....you are just looking out or their best interests...right??)

PS - I know you are wearing your glasses to read this ! hahahaha :evil:

da Pig

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Question....

Hey Gang,

If we were able to score "VIP" passes for the whole group on Sunday...how many of y'all would be willing to move this over to Sunday instead of Saturday ???

Jen & I say "Aye..."

Pig

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Aye..
If we go on Sunday and the weather is nice both days, I may ride up to Knoxville for the ALS car show. Any takers for that?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Tim, Matt, Pig,
Who ever is counting, count me in for three. Sunday would work best for me but I can make Saturday work. Thanx.

Tony

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
OK, this is sneaking up quick...Here's what I am seeing so far.

Moved to SUNDAY the 17th.

Head count

Pig = 2 or 3?
Kennie = 6
Tony = 3
TimC = 4
180Tim = 2?
JoeC = 3?
Lahr = 5?
DB = 1?
Matt = 1?

Those of you that have (?) please try to post and firm-up if you are coming and your number also.

Last I heard the VIP tix are still in the works but we do need to turn-in a head-count soon. If we get these we would likely try to meet off-base and pile-up in the larger Daily Drivers and car pool through the gate. They will be doing vehicle inspections at the gate and they requested that we try to minimize the number of vehicles coming through the gate. We may have a few active duty guys among the group, if we let them drive on base that vehicle would likely not require inspection.

Pig

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Put me down for 4

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am having dinner with the Major on the base that is giving me the passes, 3 total. I will update when they are in hand. He said that each pass is good for one car, in our case it should be a packed car or truck. He said that our parking will be on the tarmac and we will not have a problem with the security searches. He said we will enter in a gate off of Windy Hill next to the golf course. It's a private back gate that will be much easier access. I am willing to take my truck as one of the vehicles. It should be able to hold quite a few. If all works out with the passes we are going to have a really upclose, great time.

Matt :black:

I will also post directions to my office, where we can meet and leave cars unattended in a secure area. It is right at the back gate of Dobbins.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I have an Excursion with a third row seat. If a crew cab truck or mini van is needed I can see what is on the lot that weekend. Just let me know how many I need to haul:001_cool: My 6yo is stoked and as she says she is "cocked, locked, and ready to rock" She been in the roadster to much! Umm never mind you can never get to much seat time in the roadster or with a 6yo daughter! Thanx.

Tony

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Matt,

How far from your office to the base ?

Please ask the major if they'll allow people in the back of the trucks without seatbelts. I doubt they will...but if we get lucky that should help quite a bit.

Maybe we can sweet-talk DB into coming and bringing the rig...we can all just hang-out in back ! LOL :)

Tony, the Expedition should be good....but I am thinking we are really going to have to pack em in to get all these bodies in 3 vehicles...unless someone has a small bus or an RV available.

So far it's looking like 25-30 people...

Pig

1 - 20 of 51 Posts