Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a OBD II Bluetooth interface and a software to get real time monitoring of their vehicle?

Being a IT/software programmer person, I was planning on writing some software and down the road, after finishing my coupe, to replace the stereo with a Blackberry Playbook. Then write an app to get real time monitoring like this.

· Registered
166 Posts
Yes and yes

I picked up a couple bluetooth OBDs on Amazon so that my father and I can datalog and live-time graph ECM parameters and data.
Your picture looks a lot like the application I use for live-time, "Torque"

1,904 Posts
I do - elm327 transceiver and Torque for SW. I downloaded a ton of free android apps, most are crappy but I haven't tested them all out yet.

It is the biggest $25 smile I've had in a long time!!

· Registered
166 Posts
Amazon.com: BAFX Products (TM) - ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light and other diagnostics - Android compatible: Automotive
I'm pretty sure this the the one(s) I ordered...looks and price sounds the same. Always fun trying it out in different vehicles, but the software that came with it was junk.

Torque has a free version (on Google play anyhow, not sure about iPhone yet). One cool thing about torque is that it will interact with phone/tablet accelerometer and vehicle weight for 'virtual' dyno stuff (probably +/- 10% accurate).

Don't hold me to this, but I believe Torque does allow some open source dev - like the templates and such (has a built-in designer to set up vehicle profiles, 'dashboards'). The author (Ian something, I think) is also pretty easy to contact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.