Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cone Killer
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I get the car up to operating temperature, my check engine light comes on. I pull the codes and they say lean on both sides. Last night I swapped out the three wire sensors for four wire sensors and got the same error.

I have 4 into 4's and the sensors are located in the collectors.

I plan checking for vacuum leaks and fuel pressure but I thought I'd ask if there were any other suggestions.

Thanks,
RedJoker

·
8,275 Posts
Check your engine harness grounds.

The fact the O2 sensors are so far from the motor may also mean that they are not getting up to temperature.

·
8,275 Posts
As far as I know, and I could be wrong with the latest designs, the heaters in the O2 sensors are not sufficient to get the sensors to full operating temperature, they just help them get to temperature quicker in stock applications.

This is another of those areas where people seem to have different results/opinions. There have been posts here saying that the collector is fine and others saying that you must put the sensor in one of the head pipes close to the head for it to work properly. My advise is to talk to a guy who has done this hundreds of times like Gordon Levy or one of the other engine experts and take their advise on placement.

·
Junior Charter Member
56 Posts
Maybe you ARE running lean.

Take it to your local mechanic or whereever they have testing equipment and have it checked. At least then you'll know whether it's faulty sensors or a fundamental problem somewhere else. AND they may be able to offer some guidance/help/directions on where to look for the problem if there is one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts