Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chief Cook and Bottlewasher
1,396 Posts
Every one that I know is running with FFR supplied smoked plexiglass visors or similar.

For the pictures that you need to send to the Technical Services Bureau, our friend in in that office in Albany, Tom Noonan, recommends wrapping the visors in an old sock. I did so. A few staples helped it stay in place for the 30 seconds while taking the pictures.

After that, nobody has ever asked me about the padded visors. That includes the pre-registration DMV Field office inspection, and every annual safety inspection. Just save the socks in case someone ever asks....

Where in NY are you?

Steve

·
Cobra Builder
1,714 Posts
Just as Steve said, really not a big deal, just make them happy. My experience with Field Investigations has shown they are only interested in looking for stolen parts. Have clear title to all parts and you will be fine. Here is thread I started a few years ago, read it over, there is a lot of misinformation out there.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/50-ins...cussions/221630-nys-registration-process.html

HIH, Pat

·
Urban Snake/SnakyUrbanite
263 Posts
a nice pair of socks got me through

i'm not sure the dmv cared, but i was prepared

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.