1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Matt for the pic.

·
Master Paint Chipper
1,374 Posts
Never bring a knife to a gun fight Todd... Just so you know, I'll be working the same area today. I might be in a silver Impala today though!

Matt

·
7,097 Posts
I knew I should of become a State Trooper...they get all the cool toys!

[ September 26, 2004, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Mike Holt ]

·
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Matt, I think my speedometer is bit off at 90mph. Will you calibrate me? :D

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Careful, Todd, he might decide you need RE-calibrating.

The AL HP had some pretty neat Mustangs a number of years back. Didn't look to practical if they had to transport though.

·
1,056 Posts
Hey Matt,
Is this your new cruiser?

·
8,153 Posts
Bet adding the light bar would knock at lest 30mph off the top speed. That's very cool. I've seen Mustangs and Z28's as pursuit cars but a Viper?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,355 Posts
Am I to assume that the state that spent $80,000 of tax payers money is CT?

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
Not sure about CT and their tax dollars....But here in NJ, any car confiscated by the police and forfeited by the owner(s) because of illegal ventures (drugs, prostitution,illegal gambling, etc) can be used not only for undercover operations, but by the state law enforcement units as well. I've seen new vettes, Expeditions, Mustangs, Camaros, Caddys etc all used as marked and unmarked patrol cars............

Bill S.

PS: Have yet to see a marked or unmarked Cobra in the state of NJ..........

Originally posted by TD:
Am I to assume that the state that spent $80,000 of tax payers money is CT?

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
Nice perk for trooper of the month.

·
Master Paint Chipper
1,374 Posts
We've had a bunch of cars like that over the years for specialized units and enforcement. They're confiscations for what ever reason...Basically the cars get checked out to make sure they're safe, and once they've been checked out, they are run until they need any major repairs above oil changes etc. then they get auctioned off. The best ones come from the auto theft units. Insurance Co's just give them away if they've already paid a claim. Exotics like that are too expensive to maintain in a large fleet. So far the coolest I've seen have been an M class BMW, a pile of Camaro's, Mustangs, Jaguars, Corvettes. There's really not a lot of need for a super fast pusuit vehicles anymore like in the old days. My personal favorites were the Buick Grand Nationals, Black, fast, and comfortable.

·
Master Paint Chipper
1,374 Posts
For the record, I'd be willing to mount a strobe light on a helmet if they came across a FFR roadster.

·
Senior Charter Member
4,012 Posts
My wife knows that if she doesn't recognize the type of car as a "marked" typical DPS vehicle with the usual light bar, she is not to stop until she's reached a public place. There have been too many yahoos here that put strobes in their grill and pull people over. IMHO spec opps police should use these and leave traffic stops to marked cars.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,336 Posts
that's unfair !!!!!

but if I ever get busted with the cobra my line will be : I'll let you drive mine if you let me drive yours....

Nick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts