1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,405 Posts
Beautiful!!!

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
i've never posted on a picture of the month before, but this picture is excellent. a few past POM's have had the dark (shady) side of the car showing, but this one is just right. as a matter of a fact, the shadows and light from the side accentuate the car's lines.

the blurred background makes the car stand out, and the turning leaves are just the right color to make the yellow car pop.

you can also notice those beautiful shiny sidepipes glistening in the sun.

great job!

:rolleyes:

·
Junior Charter Member
2,470 Posts
Congratulations! Great looking car.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Beautiful. I like yellow cobras. I like yellow so much, I think I'll paint my Opel GT yellow.

·
Charter Member
2,564 Posts
That is truly an outstanding photo! Well done ... gorgeous in yellow! Background is perfect.

Garry

·
Junior Charter Member
3,886 Posts
Very nice, I love the yellow ones! If I ever repaint I will do yellow...

·
FFCobra Craftsman
6,103 Posts
Hard to take a bad pic of these cars - but that one is really awesome. Love the angles.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow, how exciting! I thought I'd browse the forum one more time before I went to bed. I grabbed FFCars in my bookmarks, the site came up, and I did a double take. Hey, thats my car!
This is quite an honor. I waited most of Oct. for one good day to take pictures of my newly finished car. The weather here in Minnesota has been really crappy, but I finally got one good day before the leaves were gone. I'm happy with the pictures I was able to get and POM really tops the cake.

Thanks Bill and FFCars.

Mike

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,355 Posts
Love the "point of view", angle. You should be proud of your accomplishment.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Very nice - I especially like the oil cooler light kit, where would one get such a nice item?

All the best, Don
Don, The light kit is from Tangent Technologies, an advertiser on this forum.
www.tangentkits.com
The kit goes together well, fits great, has high quality lights, and a fair price.

Mike

·
Snake Farmer
10,321 Posts
Great looking Roadster! That yellow really pops. Shouldn't be hard to find the car in a parking lot..:D

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i've never posted on a picture of the month before, but this picture is excellent. a few past POM's have had the dark (shady) side of the car showing, but this one is just right. as a matter of a fact, the shadows and light from the side accentuate the car's lines.

the blurred background makes the car stand out, and the turning leaves are just the right color to make the yellow car pop.

you can also notice those beautiful shiny sidepipes glistening in the sun.

great job!

:rolleyes:
Exactly.

I get 3 or 4 good photos a month and maybe 1 great photo. I try to balance out the colors each month so the 2010 Calendar will have a variety. I didn't want to use another yellow car this year, but I had no choice. This was the best photo in my POM folder.

If anyone here wants their car to be a POM, take a look at this topic.

The quality of the images this year have been unbelievable. I think our photo forum area can hep average guys get great shots. Just ask for help!

- Bill

·
Big Sky Builder
2,633 Posts
Is there a spot where the higher quality images get posted? I wanted to make this one my desktop wallpaper, but it's not high quality enough to handle my 1280x1024 screen even, since the "large" version of the pic is still relatively small compared to some monitors.

I'd love to have them available, and heck, I'd even prepare them and host them. We can watermark them somewhere as well if we need to.

·
Baghdad Bob
866 Posts
Awesome color

I had already decided on yellow, but can't decide whether I want white or black stripes. This pic firmly makes me believe that YELLOW is beautifull on these cars !

The last Yellow car I had was a 1972 Opel Manta, it had a black hood.

Great Job !!!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Great picture and awesome car! Congrats.

Charlie

1 - 20 of 32 Posts