Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help in resolving an issue where the Nose hinge on my Gen 3 Coupe will not rotate enough because it hits the lower A/C condenser fitting (No.6 hose). It is not the condition of having to trim the radiator tunnel aluminum, I know I have to do that (thanks to others who have posted). I have seen pics of builds that have a condenser that is narrower that the radiator and allows the lower condenser fitting and hose to run back inside the radiator tunnel by using a no.6 beadlock 90 degree fitting. The problem is that the condenser supplied with my A/C Kit is actually wider (with hose connections and flange) than the radiator. First mention to FFR engineering (so far) says I have the correct condenser.
Any ideas, or am I not seeing something?? I even shifted the radiator to the driver's side to get more room for the fitting on the passenger side, but still not enough room to get fitting out of the way of the hinge, ie. inside the tunnel.
Automotive tire Wood Grille Hood Automotive exterior
Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Toy Circuit component
Tire Hood Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Grille Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire Automotive design
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Bicycle part Rim
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Motor vehicle
Rectangle Font Handwriting Line Schematic

·
Registered
6,060 Posts
This is what I did. And I'm not saying you'll agree. I bought a new condenser. A Vintage Air 03263-VUC. It was $150 (now a little more) but I was so far underwater with my budget I just moved on. At 14" tall x 24" wide x .83" thick it fits better and just by appearance is clearly a better quality part. My FF condenser was pretty loose in the box and had a bunch of damaged fins. FF might have replaced it. But I didn't want another one like that one so just bit the bullet. Not saying that's the only solution because it's not very nice. I hate paying for parts twice. Just saying what I did. Was near the end of the build and I wanted to get the thing mounted and fitted around everything else without any further delays or issues. My #6 bottom hose is inside the radiator tunnel. The #8 top hose is outside the radiator tunnel and attached to the frame rail going back. Tight fit to the hood hinges, but it works.

·
374 Posts
That’s probably the only solution. Get a different condenser…

·
Junior Charter Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the reply. I had kind of expected that that was going to be the only route. And thanks Paul, the pictures of your coupe build really helped on many occasions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts