Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
You cant really hold it for 10 to 15 seconds at a time - you woudl hit the moon. I did shots in 2nd, 3rd and 4th from 3000-6000 rpm. I could run about 5 times (100hp shot) and the bottle was half done. You need a heater when its half full to get enough pressure.
I think your engine would melt if you hit it more than 3-5 sec at a time with 100+hp shot. The oil and water temp shoot up everytime you hit it.
I had the 175hp shot hooked up and the oil temp. increased 30 degrees after two 3 sec bursts.

·
Charter Member
6,161 Posts
Most systems will only have that switch (mine, of course, does). 55hp should be fine with just that. Much higher power requires the engine to be spinning fast, so I installed a window switch (3000-6000). You have to be careful with a rev limiter. My window switch shuts the nitrous down at 6000 rpm and my limiter shuts the engine down at 6100rpm. If the limiter comes on and the nitrous is pouring in - your done!
I also had a switch on the shifter. The higher power cant be used in 1st. So, the shifter switch had to be pressed, along with the WOT and RPM switch to activiate the nitrous system. Therefore, I could use it in any gear I want to.When bottle pressure is low, its OK. It will just run gas rich. Nitrous rich is the bad one. That will happen if a rev limiter kicks in or the engine detonates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.