Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looking for some excellent track time at the end of October would do well to sign up for the Northwoods Shelby Club weekend at the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL.

http://www.nwshelbyclub.com/

Count on about 2 to 2.5 hours of track time per day.

This will be our first trip there as a club and my own first trial there. The facility has two tracks, North and South with different personalities. Both are considered to be quite "technical" and built with safety in mind. We'll be running one track on Saturday and the other on Sunday. Two new experiences in one high speed touring weekend!

You can sign up for one or both days. I'll be there both days and my car is getting double duty with a second driver in another group. Nothing like finishing out the year with plenty of solid track time.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Registration is still open. They are opening this event up to non-Ford powered cars to fill out the grid. We did the same at Road America and had a very good time.

Come join in. This new track is supposed to be excellent.

Northwoods divides us into 5 groups by lap times, horsepower, tires, etc. If you're uncomfortable in the group where they place you, you can always switch to another group. I've found they are pretty good at guessing what group a car should be placed.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am now officially ready for the Halloween Weekend at Autobahn!

Best regards,
Jacques du Lanterne
aka:

·
Junior Charter Member
251 Posts
Anyone else attending this event?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts