Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tag along with some good friends on motorcycles once or twice each year and this year we went through the Northwest - NorCal - Bend OR - Butte MT - Boise ID - Alturas CA and back home. About 2200 miles in 6 days. Here's a few pics:

Craters of the Moon area in Idaho. Black volcanic rock everywhere

Lake named Georgetown Lake west of Butte. Cool reflections make the picture look almost the same if flipped upside down.

You meet some interesting people when driving around. Came across this at a rest stop

One guy rides the wagon about 20 miles a day along back roads. Called it his RV and it makes more gas than it uses. He's on some 5000 mile loop around the country.

This pic shows the car with the Abert Rim in the background - a 2500 ft fault induced rise next to Lake Abert in Oregon.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phil-what are you carrying for overnight stuff-tent-gear?
I just got what will be my cobra tent and getting ready for my first 'test' overnighter in the snake.

Bob
Yes had a tent, ground pad, and sleeping bag stuffed in the trunk. Also tools, a camping chair, clothes, car cover, and some eating utensils. We only camped two nights and had hotels another two and a relative's home the other. For cooking on the camping nights we stopped off at grocery store and picked up hot dogs to cook on a stick and found a disposable hibachi to cook hamburgers. The trunk was pretty full and some stuff spilled over in the passenger compartment since I was driving alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.