Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SN95 rear axle that I have narrowed rear axles installed in, along with narrow brake caliber mounting plates from Northern Racecars (or something like that - they came from Cypress). The problem is, they came with spacers, but even with the spacers, the caliper mounting brackets don't seem to line up...

Am I ok using washers as spacers here to get these lined up right, or do I need to do something else to line these up ?

Thanks !

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts

If everything is installed, axles, C clips and all of the correct hardware is on the above picture is how it should be. We over offset a little on purpose to allow for differences in gears and pinion depth's. If the axles are aftermarket double check them with stock FX axles to verify they are exactly the same. HTH, Cheers Richard.

·
Junior Charter Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. The axles were provided by Cypress, and are Ford parts - from a Ranger if I remember right. So they weren't cut down or anything like that - they should be a normal length.

On one side it looks like I can get away with a single washer along with the provided spacer, a lot like the picture from Richard above. The other side looks like it will take two washers to fit properly. I'll add some washers and see how it works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts