Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to mount 98 Cobra calipers on 97 Mark VIII knuckles for the IRS. To do this I understand I can use either the North Racecars or Forte’s brackets.
Any feedback on which bracket is better? From the pictures on their web site the Forte’s looks like the spacer is welded on and the finish on the outside is smoother. Any issues on how they work?
Also I will be using the 99 Cobra Hubs so the 98 rotor will fit. With these combinations which rotor shield fits, the 98 Cobra, the 99 Cobra or the 97 Mark VIII?

·
15,282 Posts
You can't go wrong with either one of those vendors. I think you're going to have a hard time getting the guys here to pick sides on two of our best vendors! Order whichever you like and you should be set.

Cheers, John

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Doug,
The IRS 11.65" brackets I make today fit fine. The brackets I had a year ago had a fitment problem.
As for the dust shield I have no provisions for it.
Mike

·
15,282 Posts
Doug, most of us knock the rotor shields off anyway. The cars don't often get use in the rain, and some argue that removing the shields can aid in cooling. I knocked my shield off just because they were ugly.

So sorry, but I can't help you with which ones fit!

Cheers, John

·
Senior Charter Member
692 Posts
A year ago Mike?

I bought mine less than a year ago and had problems, along with a few others. Perhaps you should visit the vendor feedback section in the classifieds. Then when I called you with problems, you basically told me "tough beans".

You have some mighty fine products, but your brackets have a bit to be desired. Focus on your other products.

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi nevermind65
Where the brackets aluminum or steel? The steel ones had a fitment problem. The aluminum ones fit perfect. I test fit them now.
Let me know if you still have the problem.
Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
2,501 Posts
I have North Race cars brackets. They work well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts