Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy guys,
First let me thank everyone in advance for any and all opinions and suggestions offered. I've spent the last several days scouring the archives and I'm utterly amazed at the wealth of data here. This forum has convinced me to dive into the madness and finally build my dream!

Now my question:
I've got access to a free '95 v6 automatic donor with 40K miles. From what I've read here so far, here's what I'm going to pull:
Front spindles & hubs (I plan on new rotors/calipers)
Power rack and pump
Rear axles (3/4" wider than normal, correct?)
I'm planning on a carb, so don't need the harness or brains.
Wheels and tires for my roller (to be upgraded)

I believe the rear is not an 8.8, so no luck there. Any misc. parts I need to scavenge from the engine bay? Radiator? Any interior goodies?

Thanks again!

·
Charter Member
1,117 Posts
Maybe the gas tank? Haven't heard if they are different than a V8 model.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,665 Posts
You might want to think about some other parts like master cylinder, vacuum booster, calipers, etc. You can use the parts for their core value.

·
Banned
7,701 Posts
Gas tank should be the same. While you are at it, scavenge as much as you can, and eBay the stuff you don't need.

·
Registered
520 Posts
gnater,

I am using a 94 GT 5.0L donor, here's what I found;

1) The rear axle is 3/4" wider on each side
2) Gas tank has 4 tabs on the connections for the fuel pump and level sending unit. 87-93 used a 3 tab locking ring. Apparently they no longer make the 4 tab units, so you have to buy them from a Ford dealer that has them in stock. I paid ~$30 for one.
3) Looking at the seat track on the passenger side, it looks like it could have been used, just a mechanical track.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

HTH,
Ivan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts