Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rookie questions:

how did you route the speedo cable?

What are the 2 wiring jacks on the tranny for? do I need to use them? obviously, without a donor harness so I have no idea. one is for the neutral safety switch but which one and what is the other one for?

how do you hook up these with the autowire harness?

pics greatly appreciated.

Curtis

·
FFCobra Fanatic
360 Posts
i have a speedo cable that is a little too ling, so i comes out of the d. footbox in the ffr spot goes behind motor curls back over bellhousing, has a clamp on front of tranny and into tranny. as for the wires, you dont really need them. I am thinking the other wire is for reverse indicator. I didnt use either, as long as you have the clutch safety switch you should be fine.

Bret

·
FFCobra Fanatic
578 Posts
They guys at AMP told me that the two brass buttons or screws are for a the neutral safety switch. On the Autowire harness that I have, there are two purple wires, one connects to each side, when the tranny is in neutral, the circuit is completed allowing you to start the car. You can wire the car without this switch, by splicing the two wires together, its just personal choice.
Steve

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,543 Posts
Run the purple wires through your clutch safety switch which is right on the pedal box. You should have either the clutch switch or the neutral safety switch. Its your preference as to which one you choose. I think the clutch switch is easier because of its location relative to your harness. Good luck with it!

Mike

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I bypassed the clutch safety switch and the neutral safety switch on the tranny. Also didn't use backup lights. Not saying this is right, but that's what I did. As for the speedo cable, I had one custom made (about three feet long)and ran it up thru the tranny tunnel (behind my console) and connected with a right angle gear drive that connects to the Autometer Speedo. No extra cables running thru the engine compartment.
Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts