Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling my MkIV, FFR #8189. I have a buddy whose C5 Vette burned at the rear and have the itch to build a GTM. Personally I enjoyed building my car more than I do driving it.
I have an album on Photobucket (http://s682.photobucket.com/user/nuk...ary/Mk4%208189) and on Freeimage, which is more current (FFR #8189).
I did a build thread on FFCars forum (https://www.ffcars.com/threads/nukes.../#post-3488354).
8700 miles on the odometer.
I just put new Nitto NT05s on all 4 wheels 2 months ago. I cut apart a set of stainless FFR sidepipes and welded in a set of Flowmaster Slimline 3.5" sidepipe mufflers. Apparently they aren't made anymore but they sound much better (to me) than the FFR sidepipes (which I still have). They have a deep growl instead of the loud barking note.
I put a Kirkey 17" vintage racing seat on the driver's side. I am 6'2" and tall from the waist up, so that lowered me in the car. There was an original Cobra at the 40th annual SAAC convention that was set up just the same. I still have the original FFR seat for the driver side, but I had 2" of foam removed from it to lower the seated height.

Here's a rough build synopsis:
  • MK4 base kit
  • 351w F4TE (5.8L roller) with F303 cam, new FMS roller lifters, Harland Sharp roller rockers, Holley 0-4778 700cfm DP, TW170 heads (about 400+fwhp), Edelbrock Performer intake. All bolts except header bolts are ARP. Header bolts are Percy Vibe-Lock
    • MSD ignition/distributor
    • TKO600 (.64) from Forte's
  • '95 SN95 dogleg spindles modified for 96-04 calipers
  • Fox Power brake booster
  • SN95 pedal box
  • 2.5 turn power steering with Heidt's pressure control valve
  • 96-04 GT front brakes, 96-04 Cobra rear brakes & Fox power brake booster/Villager m/c and CNC dual reservoirs
  • 3-link 3.27 TracLoc rear with North Race Cars axles
  • 17x9/17x10.5 FFR Halibrands with 255/40-17 & 315/35-17 Nitto NT05s
  • Ceramic coated steel headers from Stainless Headers
  • Stainless Flowmaster slimline mufflers welded into FFR stainless sidepipes
  • Coupe taillights
  • Hella LED backup light (wow is it bright!)
  • FFR/AFCO radiator
  • FFR/Ron Francis wiring harness
  • Kleiner mod to license plate light and o-ringed front turn signals
  • FFR wipers with gearboxes modified by Mark Dougherty (still can't get the Park function to work on the Painless switch, blows fuses?)
  • FFR SS bumpers/overriders with FinishLine front grommets and Kleiner coupling mod on back
  • S/C dash layout with FFR/Speedhut vintage gauges with oil temp (converted to Fahrenheit with water temp) and 65 Mustang switches/knobs
  • made my own dash support tubes (3/4"OD Stainless tube)
  • FFR heater in center behind dash
  • Alex's wheelwell liners (modified for footbox cooling vents) & 4" glovebox
  • Breeze stainless rollbars (PS removable), offset solid steering bushings, cooling fan shroud, radiator cowl cover, zero clearance insulation, forward battery box and seat mounting plates (modified to ease seat removal)
  • Russ Thompson turn signal system, throttle pedal & rollbar trim rings (also covers painted to match the paint for PS if rollbar removed)
  • Cobra Earl footbox vents
  • FFR hood hinge system
  • FinishLine RayDot mirrors and brackets, 427 shifter handle, front bumper grommets, nose/trunk & side emblems and defroster vents
  • ReplicaParts trunk support kit, radiator trim, brake booster spacer
  • DrummerMike heatshields on the FFR sidepipes
Chassis mods:
  • trunk floor lowered 5"
  • removable tranny tunnel top from dash tubes back with cupholders and ashtray
  • Kleiner throttle pedal kickout
  • Mike Kelly sparkplug mod (top of DS footbox)
  • Firewall moved forward 3" with .090" aluminum
Additional items included:
  • Whitby soft top (uses the Lift-a-Dots like the originals)
  • Tonneau cover (uses same Lift-a-Dots)
  • Piggy snapless blue tonneau cover
  • Original FFR steel sidepipes (need recoated)
$37,500 /OBRO
Located and titled in Central PA

·
Junior Charter Member
2,461 Posts
When you put your curser over his name it says Harrisburg.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8189 is sold, pending inspection by 3rd party.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts