Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have scoured the earth -well, Canada anyways- and cannot find stainless preflared brake lines anywhere -- so, I must go with normal steel ones :(

Then I thought - "why don't I paint them after bending ?". I can't see this as being a bad thing, as I imagine it will slow down or eliminate corrosion. Reccomendations on what to paint them with ?

Any thoughts on a color ? My frame and 8.8 rear are black. Engine will be ford blue (block) with black/silver "Cobra" valve covers and air cleaner. Everything else on the engine natural aluminum.

- SB

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,120 Posts
I’m painting my Mag Wheel Silver & clear coating them (Duply Color)

·
5,559 Posts
You shouldn't need to touch them as most lines are galvanized anyway. Unless you plan on making a winter, daily driver out of it, they should last nearly forever. I know I ran all of my lines back in '99, and they still look like the day they were installed!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Why don`t you make your own using seamless stainless and AN fittings? Pure Choice sells a kit or you can buy the fittings at most speed shops and the tubing at a metal shop. I made my own and its not such a huge task. Roger

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess that's a good point Brian. Plus, if they're galvanized from the factory then they'd probably need special prepping before paint too :(

Maybe I'll just run them galvanized, then.

- SB

·
FFCobra Craftsman
849 Posts
There are several places where you ship your bent lines to them and they will duplicate your lines in stainless. Ballpark price around $300

1 - 6 of 6 Posts