Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
654 Posts
Good one Sergio - let's face it all these guys are super protective of their own right? The Miata guys all out handle anything and ooooohhh them Supra's??? Woweee -
I crew on a buddies '76 Camaro - the one that won the OSCA True street championship last year -we're talking 2 stages of nitrous on a 377 that already puts out 660 hp "on the motor". It's running 8.85 through the mufflers,ie - in street legal trim- I know it's only an old muscle car but I'm reasonably sure it's quicker than a Supra - a street legal one anyways, hehehe
Of course it doesn't have a big wing or neon under it but still - as with most anything talk is cheap, the truth is only when the win light comes on - I'd kill to see one of these guys on a track - ANY TRACK - against something like "The Whining Mistress"

The other thing to keep in mind is ...you roll up to a stop light in an FFR and unless the car beside you is a Viper, Porsche, a Z06 or an F355? it may as well be a Tempo - and even if it is something exotic the conversation across the street starts out "Ooh a Cobra and a Ferrari went at it"
a Supra?? Gimme a break....

Scott

·
6,546 Posts
Supras are neat cars, but that thread is just one full of guys that are just starting to learn about cars.

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
I haven't seriously "played" with too many cars on the street, but of the few that I have, only one has spanked me. Bigtime. It was a Supra. :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
One thing I've learned is to never underestimate any car. That is, of course, unless it's a honduh ;) There are 1000hp Mustangs out there and 225hp stangs. Same applies to Supras. Coolest street race I ever saw first hand was a Viper GTSR and a 847rwhp Supra from a 60mph roll. Viper was owned by a rich kid in Tampa and had a 100 shot, whereas the Supra was owned by an import tuner from Orlando. They went at it across the Gandy Bridge which crosses Tampa Bay. The supra pulled on the viper like he was standing still....

The next time they raced the viper snapped a half shaft.

·
6,546 Posts
Never underestimate any car.

Now there's the truth.

Wanna know how I learned?

I was much like those kids on the Supra forum.

I had a bunch of bolt-ons, gears, and flashy rims on a 1990GT.

Car was pretty fast in 1990.

I was crusing around Houston, TX and decided to rev the motor next to what appeared to be an '87 or '88 Mustang GT. Blue/Silver.

Older gentleman smiled, nodded...the light turned green and he was through the intersection before I had my pedal to the floor.

If anyone knows Mustang Turbos... I sure learned how fast they were that night.

The driver of the other car was Gene Deputy of Texas Turbo.

DOH! :D

I've seen some REALLY stock looking (and sounding) mustangs LAY THE SMACK down on a drag strip.

(Sorry for the trip down memory lane.)

Ozona

·
FFCobra Fanatic
617 Posts
The Supra is a modern day muscle car. No disrespecting here. I drove one once and I was hooked. It was smooth-as-silk right up to 100 mph. And it was a real head-turner when the latest generation first came out.

I may get one if I ever get tired of the Cobra.

Yeah right!!

-Joe

PS. I recently "acquired" a Lexus GS300. I have since found out that is basically a Supra in Lexus clothing (minus the turbo). I guess I know what my next project will be!

·
mk 1.5 original
562 Posts
uh hu hu,yea beavis you really have to watch out for those 440 6pack hemis!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I gotta lot of respect for the Supra. My next door neighbor has a beautiful late model Supra with a single turbo that makes an honest 550 rwhp.
I've seen the dyno sheet and ridden in it. This thing is smooth, reliable and will snap you back in you seat with it's awsome accelleration. It doens't have the rumble of the Cobra, but we're talking 1960's technology vs 2000 technology.

But even at 550 rwhp theres still room for improvement. I've seen a video of a 900 rwhp Supra powersliding around the track. Now THAT is one fearsome machine.

Cheers
Jim

[ September 21, 2002, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Jcolman ]

·
6,546 Posts
Keith will appreciate this one:

The fastest "ricer" car I've EVER seen is a 240Z with a Vortech Supercharged LT 1 engine in it.

The thing is a RIOT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.