Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Charter Member
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home a little early today so I took the go-cart out for a spin through the neighborhood.

Seems like there are an aweful lot of people home early on Fridays because I got a lot of nods, thumbs ups, and even some evil glares from the women in the neighborhood.

Figured I actually take some pictures while I had it out in the street.

·
Charter Member
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Russ,

The car is driving really good. I haven't really had it past second gear and the motor really needs to be broken in right, but it definitely is a beast. Suspension and everything feels really solid. Even though I haven't been past about 35mph, I can already tell that the sway bars are going to make a really big difference.

Most of all the power brakes feel absolutely AWESOME!

Raceral, Thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I could not agree with you more. I finaly took my car out for a spin, AWWSOME. I went around our neigbourhood traffic circle tree times and then I did a nice continuis burnout-slide through the last lap :D :D :eek: . I cant wait to put her on the track.

·
6,559 Posts
Well done Jeff. I love the black panels. Question... On the driver's side valve cover you have vacuum going to where? Are you running a PCV valve? What is the canister in front of the passenger side firewall that's hooked up to manifold vacuum and into the driver's footbox. I'm guessing hydraulic clutch?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for sharing all of those beautiful black panels. When I originally saw those in a previous post you pushed me over the edge to do the same. I have got most of mine back and they are awsome, thanks again it was well worth it!!!!

·
Charter Member
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Russ, That's the '90 vaccum booster with the '93 Cobra MC. I'm serious when I say it's awesome. the brake pedal feels just like the pedal in my mustang, and really good brake modulation.

Thanks Serg.....I'm really glad to hear that you are finishing the SuperCobra. I can't wait to see it in go-cart stage.

capecobra, it's definitely a good idea to do all of the carpet before the body is on. In fact try to finish all of the interior before you mount the body for the final time. You'll be glad you did.

Todd, I'm running PCV on the passenger side, but the driver's side breather has the PCV element removed, so it's just a breather that is connected to the air filter. I did this to prevent any blow-by from leaving oil residue under the hood. The canister on the firewall is a Vacuum Resevoir. I'm not 100% positive I needed it, but the motor pulls such little vacuum that I added it to make sure the power brakes work well regardless of RPM. What you are seeing is that I routed it through the footbox to the Brake booster for a clean look. It's actually a mechanical clutch Todd, not hydraulic.

Thanks again everybody. For those of you that decided to powder coat you panels too, I think your really gonna like it.

·
Charter Member
153 Posts
Jeff,
It looks so nice. What wheels and tires are on there, and what size are the tires.

Sean

·
Charter Member
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sean,

Those are the 17" Compomotives. Their not pin drive, but they are a really pretty wheel. I used them on 2603 as well.

The tires are:
Front - 255/40/17 on a 9" wheel
Rear - 315/35/17 on an 11" wheel

Jeff U. Replied to your PM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.