Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a suggestion! While R&D is working on the MOD Motor kit, possibly to be announced after the first of the new year; why not an FIA skin to boot? Have I really seen recent post about a project FFR FIA soon to be completed? Who is JOHNNYB26? And what have you been doing? Any pictures?
Tim

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Bill, Grumpy makes an FIA body that fits the FFR frame.

Then there's always one a them thar
hybrid' Kirkhams. ;)

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,464 Posts
Grumpy Who???????? As for the Kirkham hybrid, I've bought my Big Game ticket, if I win, I promise the first thing I'll say when asked what I'm going to do with the money is "Buy a Kirkham 289FIA Hybrid for myself, and a FFR Spyder for my wife" :D :D :D

Bill S.

Originally posted by Mike D:
Bill, Grumpy makes an FIA body that fits the FFR frame.

Then there's always one a them thar
hybrid' Kirkhams. ;)

·
5,559 Posts
I'd really like some more info about the FIA body that Grumpy has. Some pictures and prices would be great too! It seems like a product worth advertising!

·
\\\M3
2,299 Posts
Originally posted by mrmustang:
Grumpy Who????????
Grumpy is his screen name here. Here's his profile.

·
Senior Charter Member
647 Posts
I've been trying to download some pictures from camara to computer and since I upgraded to windows 2000 it dosn't work and the camara manufacture VIVITAR isn't returning my emails or phone calls but the car is coming along , back from Darmouth Collision Russ did a great job it should be done for the good weather in the spring, as soon as I get my camara straighten out I will download some pictures.

·
6,559 Posts
I remember reading that "grumpy" will sell you a FIA body for $450 with your FFR body trade in. I didn't see and email posted but sent him a private message to find out more. Don't know who he his or what company he represents but he is located in TX. Yoooo Grumpy! Waz up?

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,464 Posts
To get the 289FIA body on a FFR frame, you need to cut and reweld some of the upper chassis tubing at the very least. The gentleman (JOHNNYB26) in New England working on the only FFR sanctioned 289FIA is documenting this (hopefully) so that others like myself can decide on how to proceed in the future............

Bill S.

[ December 19, 2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: mrmustang ]

·
Super Moderator
29,560 Posts
I'm surprised FFR doesn't sell a 289FIA kit. Many of the other replica companies do - Unique, ERA and Kirkham, probably others. Personally, I wish they would have done a 289FIA kit instead of the GTM car.

2FAST

·
5,559 Posts
2Fast,

I agree that they should have done the FIA instead of the GTM! I bet they would have sold way more of those than they ever will of the GTM. I believe they didn't want to ruffle ol' Shel's feathers again, that' why they went to a "clean sheet" design.

I hope Grumpy posts some pics and info on the body he is making...

·
6,559 Posts
Here's pictures of John Bryant's gorgeous FFR FIA. LOTS of work went into this car to make it work but as you can see, well worth the effort. Well done John.

Cheers

·
Cobra Builder
1,728 Posts
How unfair.....he has two

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Fellas,
Now FFR sanctions the FIA style body shell, give me a break as Stossel states, weekly.
We offered the transfer fee for trade in on an FFR body at one time, but dropped it due to the TENSION it created by stating it was a "REPLACEMENT" body.
The body was offered for wrecked or damaged cars okay, okay, just an alternative.
The body is our design and will merely sit on the FFR chassis. While it can be attached identically to an FFR frame without hassle or modification, we suggest no relationship to FFR by stating that.
For some the FFR territory has become similar in fashion to SAI and their association to the design shape. I don't think so.
grumpy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts