Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the brake lines are ran, I moved on the rear calipers. I have the 94-95 8.8 rear axle and the Cobra rear brakes.
I figured out the offset of the regular caliper bracket does not work for them, hence the Oben rear brackets I suppose.
I tried making spacers between the calipers and the bracket. That made an issue between the mounting bolt and the e-brake cable.

So I moved on to use the spacer between the caliper bracket and the axle flange. I settled on 3/8" for the driver side, but when I went to the passenger side these did not work. (not wide enough) as illustrated by the pic below and the space between the bracket and the caliper.

So this leaves me with 3 questions:

1) What is the proper spacing for driver and passenger side?
2) Probably should be number one. Is there a safety risk with spacers and longer bolts?
3) Should there be a difference between the driver and passenger side?

I'm not looking forward to taking my rear end apart again, but I may have too...

Thank you,

John

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,823 Posts
You need shorter axles.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I agree with Gordon. You need shorter axles, do not shim the calipers out so they work. If you do it will put a lot more stress on the axle shaft and you will run into a bigger problem when you try to fit your wheels under the body.
HTH
CB

·
Premium Member
11,847 Posts
The coupe is fine with the longer SN95 axles, what axles do you have? The brackets look like SN95 but the axles look like 99 and up. You need to measure the axle offset, that is the distance from the face of the housing to the face of the axle. Basically inside the bracket to where the rotor sits or the studs come through.

There are several things that need to be right for it all to work. HTH, Richard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.