Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened yesterday during the evening commute on the #1 east-west freeway in Ottawa. I was out for a Cobra drive last Saturday and drove right by this spot. Good thing it didn't happen a couple days beforehand.

###

Sinkhole swallows car in Ottawa
CBC News Posted: Sep 4, 2012 6:14 PM ET Last Updated: Sep 4, 2012 6:12 PM ET

An Ottawa driver escaped with only minor injuries after his car fell into a sinkhole, Ottawa fire department spokesman Marc Messier said. (Image courtesy Marc Messier)

An Ottawa driver escaped with only minor injuries after his vehicle fell into a sinkhole on Highway 174, near the Jeanne D'Arc exit.

Ottawa fire department spokesman Marc Messier said the driver of the vehicle "crawled out on his own" after his car fell into the massive sinkhole.

The four-door sedan was headed eastbound on the highway and turning off at Jeanne D'Arc Tuesday afternoon when the incident occurred.

Police have closed the exit and Highway 174 eastbound from Jeanne D'Arc to Montreal Road.

###

Lucky driver, Juan Pedro Unger, speaks about his experience:

Ottawa Fire Dept. spokesperson, Marc Messier, speaks about the emergency call:

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Wtf???

·
Premium Member
16,633 Posts
The car was still down there as of yesterday. Culvert running under the highway collapsed and this is the result. It had been scheduled for work and workers were on site prepping it that very day but according to them there is no way that anything they did caused it. That would make it a hell of a coincidence!!:001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope WE didn't have anything to do with it...

Rod (and Bert), I sure hope the thunder from our three Cobras at the nearby Dairy Queen on Saturday didn't set off some resonant frequencies that caused the tectonic plates to gradually shift and swallow that poor car... :001_tongue:

·
Charter Member
1,777 Posts
Hey guys, you caused a near shut down of Orleans! We may have to put lift kits on the cars to deal with the sink holes, I hear there is another in Gatineau.
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.