Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kind of a long time listener first time caller on this. I have been periodically checking the site and decided to register. I do not have a kit yet. I am planning to order my asssembly manual this month and hope to order a kit in the next two years. Undecided on donor/no-donor route. It is obvious everyone here is quite helpful. Short message for Joe Leone. Like the name Joe better than Oldguy.

Jack

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Welcome Jack! You might want to list your location. It makes it easier to get face-to-face help.

Never mind, it just appeared. :rolleyes:

[ October 31, 2002, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: teamfour ]

·
5,042 Posts
Welcome Jack! On the donor/none donor choice, since you are not buying a kit for a while this gives you the chance of looking for a donor and using it as a daily driver before you tear it apart. Smart move. Also, non-donor gets expensive. Selling unwanted parts off the donor can mean you get a free set of bts for the Cobra :D :D

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Hey Jack welcome,
I went the non donor route. I hope to build another, maybe a spec racer. I would never do the non donor route again however, it's the nickel and dime shit that really adds up and does not have to be new. Plus you can easily sell what you don't use and make damn near all your money back. If I look at the time and gas money alone chasing parts I could of probably bought a $1000.00 donor right there. Hope this helps,
Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I am planning for IRS and a crate 351 motor. From what I have read it seems it is still in my best interest to go with a donor build versus a no-donor build. Am I correct on this?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
Here's my 2 cents:

If I went carb again - no donor...

If I went EFI I would probably do donor because of the many small parts...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.